Phoenix

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NC
Hi all!
Im new and looking to learn everyone elses experiences and share mine. Im to the point of feeling a bit useless and hopping to find inspiration in some of the other fighters stories. :)

Hi I have had fibro for over 16 years now.. I have been battling this what seems like forever. I know what your feeling.. missing out on playing whit the kids and now my grand babies. had to stop riding horses, i can't sleep.. but I always think of one thing.. someone somewhere has something worse than me. I am still trying to learn my limitations as for the days that i do not have a bad flair up I over due it due to the fact that I feel like wonder woman.. then I have to listen to my hubby tell me that I should have not done all that I did.. he now makes me do a list of things that I can do in a day.. and trust me its not much.. I am still trying to get disability, but I keep getting turned down..

hang in there you will have some good days and a lot of bad days.. just knowing how to handle them is the key.. oh yeah and a lot of hot scalding baths works also for a little while. at least that is what I have found gives me some relief..

Hello Phoenix,
No, you are not crazy, but we all have felt that way. And sometimes I still do. I agree with what Carolyn says, you have to learn to pace yourself and try different things to see what works for you. Yesterday, I had the worse day and was trying to think of what I could do to make myself feel better. I remember my massage therapist always recommending epsom salt baths, so that's what I did. It actually had lavender in it. So I got my tub as hot as I could stand it, poured 2 cups of salt and relaxed for 20 minutes and what a difference that made. I was actually able to get up and move around, as I wasn't able to do that for the biggest part of the day. So, try different things, pace yourself and know your going to have good days and bad days. Phoenix, do you have a support system and are you on any meds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back