DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
2/2014
Country
US
State
WA
Hello everyone,

I'm a 46 year old woman in Seattle area who has been suffering for nearly two years. I was forced to go on temporary and then permanent disability and been fighting my way through the SSDI process, living hand to mouth in the meantime. My daily life includes fighting through the pain and exhaustion to perform simple tasks like loading/unloading dishwasher, taking a shower, washing laundry, everything I used to do without batting an eyelash.

I have amazing friends, many of whom pitch in as they can regarding $$$, errands, and other help. I've been out of touch with my family though for most of my adult life.

I've come to the forum for additional emotional support and to talk with people who are going through all the same challenges as myself.

welcome. we can help you in many ways here.

we can help to reduce your pain, listen to your venting and just give you support when you need it.

you have surrounded yourself with a good support group already.

please if you want to keep them. tell them you love them. thank them and try to not tell them everyday about you pains. they will stay around if you do that.

please vent to us here. don vent on them.

if you have questions please ask them here. some of us have been dealing with this over 20 years and can help you.

we are here if you need us.

Laurel,
Welcome to the forum. I hope you can learn lots of new coping skills and most of all learn that the key to management of fibro is taking your time and pacing yourself to avoid over tiring yourself. Little things help like heating a blanket in the dryer to cuddle under when tired and cold. Spending time with friends and family and taking time to laugh and watch funny movies to increase that laughter. Take time for yourself by watching nature or taking a bubble bath or a short walk in your yard or down the street. Rest often and what does not get done today can wait until another day.

Read through the forum posts and take time to add your opinion on topics you know about. Make new friends and enjoy being here. I look forward to reading your posts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back