Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
US
State
PA
Hello everyone,

I haven't been officially diagnosed yet and quite frankly I'm hoping like heck that I don't have Fibro but it seems as if I pretty much have every symptom but 2 (as well as the allodnia, although I did panic a bit when I had 2 mesquito bites and the next day they felt as if someone punched me in the arm there).

I am still shaking my head in disbelief after nearly 6 months of this.........and to think that it all started out as what I was certain was carpal tunnerl but emg came back neg, and then the PT's and myself thought it was TOS, and then the MRI confirmed that it was a cervical herniated disc; long story short the surgeon I went to (best surgeon in town) was ready to do surgery because I had all the classic symptoms of the dermotomal pattern......well, before I had decided to go ahead and have the surgery those classic nerve root symptoms have all but disappeared and then a host of other 'unrelated' symptoms started...it was and still does quite frankly make me so angry. After doing hours upon hours upon hours of fibro, and herniated disc as well as myofascial pain research I was to the point I was hoping to God that these mysterious random pains/aches throughout my body as well as the constant burning sensation I have mostly in my head and upper body were all related to the disc.....because I had bookmarked and downloaded tons of arguments that it sometimes could very well be related to a disc....but sadly even before I went back to the surgeon for a follow-up I knew in my heart being that I've gained my strength back in my hand and I know longer had the locolalized pain going down my arm that he wouldn't do the surgery.

How can it be that me....me a successful business owner, a "can do" person, who never let anything stop her from meeting goals etc., with more determination than most people could fathom...how? HOW CAN IT BE that just a year ago in the summer I could walk as much as I wanted without feeling the pains in the very odd places in my hips etc.. to where I was afraid I may not make it home because of the pain. I can't even play the guitar anymore (major flare up from myofascial syndrome in basically my entire uppr back/shoulder area). I used to be a machine at just about everything I did and now....now it's like MY LIFE HAS COME TO A HALT. And now I host a lot of anger because I get SO MAD at my primary doctor who is just a jerk as is and the idea of doctor hopping in this area is joke.

I think to myself that "no way.....it can't be Fibro it's got to be something else" and as crazy as this sounds I sometimes wonder if I'd rather find out it was MS because atleast may they have a more concret course of managing pain but then I read that often times those poor people end up with fibro as well.

In either case I guess this wasn't the most pleasant means of saying "hi". Heck who knows; with never being able to remember anything anymore (not sure if it's the gabapentin or 'fibro fog' as they say) but I might as well apologize now if I'd already been on here and said "hi" to introduce myelf already.

About me:

49 y/o femaile who just last year felt like she was still in her 20's who now feels as if I'm 80 and even though I am trying to be positive about this I am in constant self pity mode screaming on the inside to just about anyone that matters "If you only could understand how much this stuff s***s!!!!" And then I feel selfish I guess because I suppose it could be worse. Could it? Yes I suppose it could. But in all honesty sometimes I've wondered if it wouldn't be better being wheel chair bound with a sound mind minus pain, than being able to walk but limited to doing much anyway because of the pain you are constantly in.

Welcome I understand totally..we all do....most of us were very active very determined people....no one whether they are a successful business owner or an office cleaner expects to get this awful illness.

I was a Banker and also never stopped being on the go..it's such a shock no one except our gang of fibro sufferers get it.

I was 47 feeling 27 when I got stuck with this monster and like you feel 80....but I did have many years with pacing that made my life more tolerable,

Once you reach some level of acceptance in time you will adapt.

Good Luck

I am very sorry to hear your story as well! I too was angry and more than a little afraid of where this would all end up when I got sick ... all I can say is that you may very well find ways to manage your condition. From what I've read, some people do improve or otherwise manage to control their symptoms ... I seem to have. My advice ... don't be afraid to experiment. Own your treatment plan. Play with it ... figure out both what works and what hurts you! Don't keep doing the same things if they don't work. Read. This is your life and you want it back! Good luck!!

Hello everyone,

I haven't been officially diagnosed yet and quite frankly I'm hoping like heck that I don't have Fibro but it seems as if I pretty much have every symptom but 2 (as well as the allodnia, although I did panic a bit when I had 2 mesquito bites and the next day they felt as if someone punched me in the arm there).

I am still shaking my head in disbelief after nearly 6 months of this.........and to think that it all started out as what I was certain was carpal tunnerl but emg came back neg, and then the PT's and myself thought it was TOS, and then the MRI confirmed that it was a cervical herniated disc; long story short the surgeon I went to (best surgeon in town) was ready to do surgery because I had all the classic symptoms of the dermotomal pattern......well, before I had decided to go ahead and have the surgery those classic nerve root symptoms have all but disappeared and then a host of other 'unrelated' symptoms started...it was and still does quite frankly make me so angry. After doing hours upon hours upon hours of fibro, and herniated disc as well as myofascial pain research I was to the point I was hoping to God that these mysterious random pains/aches throughout my body as well as the constant burning sensation I have mostly in my head and upper body were all related to the disc.....because I had bookmarked and downloaded tons of arguments that it sometimes could very well be related to a disc....but sadly even before I went back to the surgeon for a follow-up I knew in my heart being that I've gained my strength back in my hand and I know longer had the locolalized pain going down my arm that he wouldn't do the surgery.

How can it be that me....me a successful business owner, a "can do" person, who never let anything stop her from meeting goals etc., with more determination than most people could fathom...how? HOW CAN IT BE that just a year ago in the summer I could walk as much as I wanted without feeling the pains in the very odd places in my hips etc.. to where I was afraid I may not make it home because of the pain. I can't even play the guitar anymore (major flare up from myofascial syndrome in basically my entire uppr back/shoulder area). I used to be a machine at just about everything I did and now....now it's like MY LIFE HAS COME TO A HALT. And now I host a lot of anger because I get SO MAD at my primary doctor who is just a jerk as is and the idea of doctor hopping in this area is joke.

I think to myself that "no way.....it can't be Fibro it's got to be something else" and as crazy as this sounds I sometimes wonder if I'd rather find out it was MS because atleast may they have a more concret course of managing pain but then I read that often times those poor people end up with fibro as well.

In either case I guess this wasn't the most pleasant means of saying "hi". Heck who knows; with never being able to remember anything anymore (not sure if it's the gabapentin or 'fibro fog' as they say) but I might as well apologize now if I'd already been on here and said "hi" to introduce myelf already.

About me:

49 y/o femaile who just last year felt like she was still in her 20's who now feels as if I'm 80 and even though I am trying to be positive about this I am in constant self pity mode screaming on the inside to just about anyone that matters "If you only could understand how much this stuff s***s!!!!" And then I feel selfish I guess because I suppose it could be worse. Could it? Yes I suppose it could. But in all honesty sometimes I've wondered if it wouldn't be better being wheel chair bound with a sound mind minus pain, than being able to walk but limited to doing much anyway because of the pain you are constantly in.
I felt very connected to this post. It sounds like part of my story! I have gone the route of all types of treatments with little success. Starting to work on my diet started to shift my pain levels. I know what it feels like to be bitter and angry and exhausted from feeling this way and your mobility being significantly compromised. I do feel like I need to share one thing that a friend of mine shared with me that has helped me sleep better and have more energy... less pain...if you would be interested in me sharing more with you, feel free to text me 515-991-3829. I am really sorry for how your feeling and I get it. Communities like this bring hope to so many people. And then you feel much less alone!

Hang in there:)

Shelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back