Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2011
Country
NL
State
NL
I do! I feel so lonely sometimes, specially when I see all those young girls (around my age) that look so healthy. I'm dealing with a lot things right now, not only fibro, sadly :( I've been deating with chronic depression for the past 2 years, I also suffer from anxiety and night terrors.

My night terrors are not as bad as when I was a child, but I still get them from time to time... and I still feel so uneasy after I wake up. Takes me a while to feel ok. I'm dealing with some really nasty hormonal issues as well - I hope this is the year I can finally control that!

I think I've more health issues than my mom (she's 60) ... she never suffered from the things I'm suffering now when she was my age... that makes me feel so lonely. Mostly because she says she knows how I feel, but I really doubt it (she never had to go tru this at such a early age!). This makes me feel so lonely... very few people out there can truly relate to what is happening to me right now (I've so many health issues & I'm just 26).

Do you ever feel lonely? If yes, how do you cope with that?

Absolutely, you're not alone. I have other health issues too and am "different" and feel very left out when I see healthy and happy girls. Do you get involved with things, like social groups? I have joined one through my college and think it helps a lot. Just talking to people makes me feel better even if I don't think so at the time. I used to be so worried that people would leave me out and be mean due to my "issues" but there are so many good people out there if you try to find them ;)

I sure do but somehow,manage to shake it off. Maybe years of training and years of lonliness; I'm not sure.
Every single day, I see people walking, just the way I used to, down the street; some slow, some fast. I say to each and everyone of them, "I want to take a walk with you." They could be absolute clods but if I could walk, I would enjoy them!
Even if it's only .2 of a mile, I make myself move every day. It may hurt like hell and it may make things worse, not sure, but I have to keep moving! A normal walk to the corner; I would give much to do that!

I feel the same way.... I'm only 25 and have struggled with health problems most of my life. Currently, they think I have fibro and maybe osteoarthritis in my neck, nerve damage, bulging and herniated disc's.... And my other health issues are neuro cardiogenic syncope (pots) and a mass in my pituitary gland... I've had many health issues in the past too that have required surgery and such as well. So I get it.
I've lost many friends (obviously they weren't true friends) because they got sick of me being sick, not being able to keep up, or they think I complain too much or exaggerate....
I would give anything to be "normal" again..... At least pre fibro and pain. (my pain issues started 3 years ago by a car accident and we're made 10x worse by a second car accident almost 2 years ago....
There are times I think, "what man is going to want me now?" I'm so broken and feel like no one will give me a chance... I want a family.... But I can't see anyone wanting to willingly be with me now.....

There has to be hope for us tho...
Please Pease please message me ever if you want to talk to someone your age about stuff.. You're not alone, I promise.

I sure do but somehow,manage to shake it off. Maybe years of training and years of lonliness; I'm not sure.
Every single day, I see people walking, just the way I used to, down the street; some slow, some fast. I say to each and everyone of them, "I want to take a walk with you." They could be absolute clods but if I could walk, I would enjoy them!
Even if it's only .2 of a mile, I make myself move every day. It may hurt like hell and it may make things worse, not sure, but I have to keep moving! A normal walk to the corner; I would give much to do that!

Aw, cinderr! Your post was really touching, I'm so sorry to hear you're in such a pain :( I know how hard it is to look at those healthy people who are taking something as simple, yet precious as walking for granted. There are so many people taking all sort of things for granted, it affects me when I think about it, that's why I'm trying to keep my mind busy :)

Absolutely, you're not alone. I have other health issues too and am "different" and feel very left out when I see healthy and happy girls. Do you get involved with things, like social groups? I have joined one through my college and think it helps a lot. Just talking to people makes me feel better even if I don't think so at the time. I used to be so worried that people would leave me out and be mean due to my "issues" but there are so many good people out there if you try to find them ;)

Hi there :) I'm actually glad I found this forum! I feel less lonely now, I was feeling so isolated before... but after being over here for a while I feel better. I realize there are a lot people dealing with chronic pain every day, I feel for them, but at the same time makes me feel better to know i'm not so alone.

I'm sorry to hear that :( Do you suffer from depression as well? Lately I've a lot self-image and insecurity issues.

I might do that once I move out to the Netherlands (hopely next year). I might join a social group or some sort of club. I'm thinking of a photography one :) At least to keep my mind busy.

I really believe that you have to be your own best friend a lot of times. People are just too busy these days to develop many significant personal relationships. It is unfortunate. At least you can find community on the web.

I really believe that you have to be your own best friend a lot of times. People are just too busy these days to develop many significant personal relationships. It is unfortunate. At least you can find community on the web.

I think that this is so right ! I get really lonely sometimes as well. Being on the Internet is kind of my social life now that I can't get outside and do things like I used to be able to do.
I really miss being able to go on walks with the dogs. I used to walk every day until it got to where I can't do it any more. Between the legs and the heart, it just doesn't happen. I walk around the yard a little when the weather is ok to be outside, and I use the shopping cart like a walker, so I can walk in the grocery store.

Thank you. I want to tell people, be very, very grateful but they would not listen. I would not have years ago either. Doesn't make them bad.

I dread being housebound and try to get out almost every day. Usually I just 'walk the baby' but I am moving! I hate to be repetitious but I told you, I think, about "my walker"? Because I am not ready to be that lady, of age, who pushes a walker around, I decided to buy a stroller at a garage sale (1.00!). I also bought a receiving blanket (.50) and a teddy bear (1.00). Now everyday, I look like a nice grandma instead of a decrepit old woman! Is this a good idea or what?!
My landlord told me the other day he knew I didn't have a real baby under there---pud! I don't care, maybe they think I am whacked, but I feel better for not using a real walker and I get out in the frsh air and sunshine! No offense to the walker users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back