DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2005
Country
AU
State
Qld
Hi,
I have been encourage to join a fibromyalgia group for some time now by my daughter who was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia
I was diagnosed about 9 years ago & have pretty much coped with it by myself
I think I have avoided forums as I thought & felt a bit pathetic with my condition as I have a few other conditions that come in flare ups & have tried to deal with them by changing lifestyle & diets, thinking it was all in my head & stress related. Which I still believe.
Having had it for so long I thought I should just suck it up & get over myself.
Sometimes it is not so easy
With the fibromyalgia I also have Menieres disease, and have been a depression sufferer for 15 years - which I am ok with & have under control with medication & I suffer occasionally from anxiety attacks.
So pretty much I put it all together as one condition telling myself it's all in my head - where it IS & validate what I do by thinking there are others a lot worse off.
It has been getting a little harder the older I get & a bit more dibilating, so maybe it is time to put it out there.
So hi to everyone & hopefully I will be able to learn better coping skills & share some
Buckette

Hi Buckette, reading your post made me think of a quote another shared in the moan, complain, vent forum- at least it's not cancer thread; "Saying someone can't be sad because someone else may have it worse is just like saying someone can't be happy because someone else may have it better." It's ok to allow yourself to feel your pain and sadness. It is real and valid. It's yours to deal with in your way. I have found this forum very accepting, understanding, and informative. I hope you will also.

Hi Crispy, thanks for your kind words
Sometimes it just pours. I have had 2 weeks of a head virus that is not attached to anything but it took a CT scan to find. I never take anti biotics but this time I had to give in and was put on huge doses which knocked me for a six.
Last night I had a war with my body & head. It was the most bizzaar experience I have ever been thru. It was like being aware of the war going on in my body. I felt my body being attacked and in my head I was trying to fight to recover. Maybe I was hallucinating.
still recovering from the virus.
I think it can be very easy to put every ache & pain down to fibro, & get a bit complacent when it comes to other things that may be wrong, as it appears I have had this virus for some time. Anyway time to heal!
Has anyone else had an hallucination like that..

Buckette,
Welcome to the forum. I had something on that order happen to me when I was living in Florida. I was told I had a virus, that lasted 3 months, by the way. Anyways I had severe headaches and pain in my body, and it was all I could to stand the pain. I remember just laying in bed and praying a lot for help to get through it. I would go to my doctors and was told they couldn't or wouldn't do nothing to help me. It took me months to regain my strength and I then started having odd feelings in my head and dizziness, and some visions.

Thankfully I finally recovered and have not had such a time since, but I would say yours was much worse than mine. I am glad to hear you are better now.

Please join right in and start posting. I look forward to reading your posts. :)

Hello everyone. I had never heard of fibromyalgia before I was diagnosed. I still don't know much about it. But I do believe I've had this for a long time. My doctor kept telling me I was going through the menaposs . All he keeps given me is amitriptyline . I'm now on 50mg . They don't do anything .. but keep me awake and in pain. Does this condition ever get any better? The older I get .. the worse I become.

Jacque,
Welcome to the forum. well I am in my sixties and got diagnosised in my thirties. For some people it does get better if they head the advice of those who say to slow down. I am a bit better than I was in Florida, but that is only because I cut as much unneeded stress out of my life as possible and started taking better care and time out for me.

Was always one who could work fast and get the job done, moving on to other tasks. Then fibro hit and my life turned upside down. The pains and weird other symptoms made me unable to do anything. But once I was forced to slow down I realized that this was to be my life in moving at a snails pace. If you attempt to relax as much as you can and other tips from members, your life has a better chance of turning around for the better. Good Luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back