Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2009
Country
US
State
NY
I take epsom salt baths and listen to music. I think the hot water calms my muscle spasms. I do light exercises that I have picked up from physical therapy. That stretches everything and seems to help me sleep a little better. If I don't I can wake up very stiff. I drink uncaffeinated green tea. I feel it helps calm me down and maybe helps with the stress. Anyone have any other ideas? I am limited because of my joint pain.

I also like the heat on most parts of my body--except my head-that gives me headaches. Lovely music, magnesium at night, and when I'm really blue, I have my dog snuggle next to me. For some reason he soothes my depression--and he loves it when he gets permission to jump up in bed with me!

The magnesium good for sleep then? Oh I have my doggies have cuddle time when Im having a bad spell. They enjoy every minute

Awww pet do the most wonderful things don't they. Mines abit big to sit on my lap but he wraps his paws around my legs and washes my ears lol he knows it makes me laugh and does it even more.

Yes, mag .helps you sleep, calms muscles and even mentally , esp. if you are deficient--which most of us are.

Forgetmenot, One of my dogs is a 100# German Shepard. He would love to climb in bed with me too but he quickly fills the bed, gets hot and pants so hard-which is normal for him-he shakes the entire bed, hubby NOT thrilled with that. Instead I make sure to spend some floor time with him-just have a bit of a time getting up again!

Yeah I have 3 dogs. a goldie mix and 2 purebreds. My boy is really big. And I can say he is as big as a german shepard. I love him and all but he acts like a lap dog. So when he comes to lay on me I can say makes its very hard to breath. My girls are so sweet and cuddly. I guess that is why they are good therapy dogs. But on that note talking about my mutts. I have also had an interest in small birds. Parakeets/Cockatiels. I enjoy the noise they make the most. They are naturally happy and talkative.

Long walks. The more natural the setting the better. Yoga. Deep breathing. A massage.

I agree that dogs are a great help. I love epsom salt baths also. If I'm in extreme pain I may take two in one day.

I used to have a cockatiel! Every time I got a migraine-which was a lot- she would pace in her cage frantically till someone would let her out. Then she climbed up on the bed, snuggled up against the top of my head and would NOT leave me till I got up. My daughter's would put a paper towel under her so she would not soil my pillow case. I loved that bird!

I used to have a cockatiel! Every time I got a migraine-which was a lot- she would pace in her cage frantically till someone would let her out. Then she climbed up on the bed, snuggled up against the top of my head and would NOT leave me till I got up. My daughter's would put a paper towel under her so she would not soil my pillow case. I loved that bird!

Oh yes I had a cockatiel like that. He would cry until I let him out. And what funny is that my bird would crawl up my bed and would sit on my face. I had a parakeet that would fly on the top of my hair and preen me lol. I just got a new parakeet today. So it will be a nice distraction..

I am really into just writing sometimes I write random stories or my own lyrics or poems. Or play some video games for a little while. The Calming game for me is the Sims4 I got sucked into it pretty fast. That and I love to read murder mystery books. Nothing Particular. But Edger Allen Poe stories have to be my favorite. Sometimes I will start a Project. Like Right now I am in the middle of painting my room and Putting up some new photos I bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back