Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
Idaho
I was diagnosed with Fibro almost two years ago. I'm sad to say that so far I have only got a little relief from my pain meds like Norco. :(. I was on Gabapentin for maybe a year and it did not do a thing even with increasing the dose. Eventually I started getting migraines. Soon as I stopped taking it I do not get the migraines anymore. Effexor made me want to kill myself, so I stopped that right away. Citolapram did nothing after taking for a year as well. Now I see a pain mgmt doc and he has started me on Cymbalta. I have been taking it for a few months and don't see a difference yet. He is trying his last ditch effort with Lyrica.

I believe after a couple months of this, which has been upped to 150 mg and I have the script to go up to 200 mg a day, I think I might be having a bad reaction to it. Has anyone ever heard of someone getting cramps down their leg, ankle and feet? It is very stressful for me to fall asleep and wake up sometimes several times a night with this. It even works its way into my dreams and wake up with it really happening. :shock: I am also extremely tired. One night I will be so tired but can't sleep, then the next I get home from work at 6 pm and sleep all the way through till 6am. Does not help my stress levels, which doesn't help my pain. Sorry for the long post, just curious about your thoughts on Lyrica as well.

Thank you all.

I had been on lyrica for a couple months. I too started having weird side effects. I started to feel more depressed and moody. It is supposed to help you sleep, but it didn't for me and it obviously does the opposite for you. I hated being on lyrica so I decided to stop taking it. My doctor told me she wanted to up my dose on lyrica and I was completely against it because I wanted to stop taking it to begin with. If you find nothing beneficial from the lyrica I would stop taking it. I rarely get a good nights sleep so I know how you feel. I hope this helped. Good luck.

Thank you Btoppe.

I am glad I'm not the only one. I heard from my doc that you have to be up to the max of 300 mg a day for it to actually take affect. So I am somewhat reluctant to stop. I will if this continues for sure. It is definitely more benificial to have a good nights sleep than to not. I hope you can find something that works for you. Good luck to you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back