medical malpractice case against dentist !

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiggyjaggy

Reason
Caregiver
Diagnosis
12/2015
Country
CA
State
ON
Few weeks ago I had a severe tooth pain and I was taken to the dentist . I got my wisdom tooth removed by the dental assistant and was advised that the pain will be fully recovered within two or three days. They didn't even prescribe any pain killers too. It is almost two weeks now and intensity of the pain is still the same. When I contacted the dentist last day he ignored my call by saying that his is busy in some outdoor activity. I discussed this case with my family and they are forcing me to sue a medical malpractice case against the dentist. They also suggested to contact a medical malpractice lawyer from Sommers and Roth in Toronto. But I don't think that there is no need to sue a case against him. What you guys think?

I agree with you, that would not be my first move.

I would personally chalk it up to experience. A court case will be emotionally draining and stressful. I had a tooth die and needed a root canal last month. Was put on oral steroid to reduce infection and pain in tooth root area. Dentist advised pain would be gone in 2-3 days. A full week later still hurt...thought about calling back...next day...pain gone. 8 days. I told him that when I went back in. He acted surprised...usually just 2 days. Our bodies have to fight harder to do some things...like rebound from infection. I don't like it but it is part of my new reality. Your pain most certainly should have been addressed. If you think about it, even some doctors think fibromyalgia is as real as unicorns....how is a dentist supposed to grasp it? There have to be dentists with fibro out there...not sure how we find them? Hope you are doing better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back