Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
CA
State
AB
I was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago. Having done some research, I realize I've probably had this for several years. Now in my mid fifties, I've finally gotten to where I need some support with this. Fortunately, my doctor is on board.

I look forward to "meeting" you all & interacting.

Hsmommy

Hello Hsmommy, welcome

There's a lot to take in after being diagnosed. Fibromyalgia is a difficult condition to understand, even when you are the one experiencing it. One thing I have found helpful is to keep a journal of how I'm feeling. This helps me figure out what kind of treatments work and if there are any patterns.

Please feel free to ask questions, share advice, chat or vent - this is a good, supportive group here :)

Welcome Hsmommy to the forum. Its commendable that you have found a good doctor who you can rely on. I would also advise you to keep a diet and pain journal so that you can identify your triggers and trigger points and learn to avoid them. An emotions journal to record your feelings would help you to detach yourself and handle the disease better as this will check depression and stress which worsen FM. I would also advise you to consult your doctor whether you should use alternative medications and lifestyle adjustments before you think of chemical medications. Best regards.

Hi there! You sounds like someone who is taking things well :) Good for you! I've always thought that taking this kind of diagnosis with a heavy heart makes things only worse, sadly most people can't even help to feel the way they do after this kind of diagnosis. It's totally understandable, but taking things positively helps loads, telling you from experience. Kudos to you. Welcome to the forum :)

My husband was recently diagnosed, and I guess now it's like we have woken up and seen the light. I think for him as a guy, it's a bit hard to accept - he's found it hard since it seems like far more women are diagnosed with it than men. In my research though I've found that even the famous actor Morgan Freeman mentioned he is a sufferer of fibro, so I think that was at least some reassurance for hubby that he isn't alone. Trying to deal with it all can be tough, but hoping that here I can find some comradery with y'all.

It's important to know we are not alone and that we can have a decent life after being diagnosed.

I was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago. Having done some research, I realize I've probably had this for several years. Now in my mid fifties, I've finally gotten to where I need some support with this. Fortunately, my doctor is on board.

I look forward to "meeting" you all & interacting.

Hsmommy

The best advice I could ever give you is to keep your head held high. There's going to be plenty of people out there that will tell you that its all in your head and there's nothing really wrong with you. Don't let them get the best of you.

Keep the head high, indeed, find the best way to deal with the disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back