Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
10/2017
Country
Uk
State
isle of wight
Hi.i am 31 years old. Have had constant pain all over my body for months,muscles aches and joints hurt.i wake up all stiff abd have pains in my feet.i am always tired and my sleep is very on and off.i am always tired and generally exhausted.

My hair has also started to fall out at times.i get pins and needles and numbness in my arms and legs too.

I went to gp who did some blood tests which came back all clear.they lut me on amitryptiline tableta but they didnt help at all. Im still in pain every day its unbearable. I went back to gp again and she went through all my symptoms and has said its possibly fibromyalgia. She has put me on duloxetine tablets 20mg twice a day to help control the pain.

Does this sound like fibro?

Any advice please.

Yes, my hair was lost at first too. I even shaved my head at one point. But it grew back later after I start with good diet and doing my best to lower the stress levels . If everything is clear then it's a yes. But be sure to ask your doctor to do vitamins minerals deficiency test in every details just to be on the safe side, ear , eyes and sensory checks too. Cause even if you do have fibro knowing what your body lack or need right if the bat might save you a lot of time after your diagnose is finalized.

I wonder if this might help you while waiting for the test to be done . Try eating raw brazil nut when you can't sleep . It usually take some edge off even just a little . Brazil nut packs with loads of nutrient that can help sleep while boosting you immune system . You can just eat a few of them like 5-6 all at once before sleep for the first time. The just 2-3 nut per day after if you want to takes it every day. It's not a miracle cure it just nuts . But it's by far the very safe method for daily use. Just don't eat more than a few a day . And look up online for more info about it too. I personally find brazil nut to be quite reliable . Not for pains but for other stuff.

And try seasalt bath and baking soda bath to claim your muscles and skin.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your situation.

All your symptoms do sound a lot like fibro. Communicate real well with your GP, keeping a pain diary can help. Give each medication a good try. Often it can take weeks/months before it starts to work. Also work on how you can make sure that your daily life is not too much. Make schedules, talk to loved ones, ask for their help if possible, learn relaxation techniques, basic alternative stuff like vitamins, healthy diet, a basic exercise schedule (or just 10 minutes of whatever you can handle, whenever you can handle).

And most importantly slowly try to accept that this could really be fibro, thus a chronic condition, and that your life will be different from now on. Taking it easy and enjoying the little things in life comes with that acceptance. Fibro is not you, it is only a part of you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back