Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like your both on the ball in doing something about weight loss. I hope I can hold out and kill two birds with one stone, meaning lose weight and get my LDL levels to go down.

I have been watching videos online on recipies for vegan foods. I found some really good ones today and hope to try them out. I am using stevia in my coffee for sweetner and it seems to be helping me with my sugar cravings, as I am not as hungry for sweet stuff. This is my third day into reducing the sugar in my diet.

Also, while I like water I get tired of drinking it all the time, but I love juice. Of course juice is filled with sugar, unless you buy it from a health food store for big bucks. So I decided to put a bit of juice in each glass of water I drink. Just enough to add a touch of favor without over doing by drinking just juice, and I like it. A friend who buys hers at the health food stores waters hers down as well to make them last longer.

I have thought about trying some vegan meat substitutes, but not sure if any of them are non-gmo soy, and not sure I would like it anyways.
Not that I don't like meat, but some of it does not seem to agree with me anymore. Other stuff I am allergic too. Ugh!

Otherwise, I stayed home today and rested. The weather was cold and snowy, and I could not get up enough energy to leave the house. I am not ready for winter. I hate heavy coats and having to wear boots. Then comes shoveling the sidewalk so I can get out of the house. But hopefully the winter will pass quickly so I can enjoy my garden again.

Do you feel that way too? :)

I couldn't do without meat- i'm definitely as nature intended me to be...meat and veg. i have cut out some carbs coz im really addicted to that devil food. i have managed to loose 7 pounds in the last 3 weeks. not huge numbers but slow and steady is fine by me.
I need to pot up some of my cuttings this weekend so in the evenings this week i have been getting crafty with some little terracotta pots from the dollar store. been doing a paint job on them. i just gotta give them a coat of varnish and stick the bottoms on and they will be good to go.
got started on another long term crochet project, a free-form blanket in pinks for my little bed. it will probably take a year but it one of those things you can pick up in between other things.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend

Take care me lovelies xx

Today is my day. I love my Wednesday's. We had our first real dusting of snow this winter thanks to that eastern storm- we only got side swiped by it.
So I'm off to my swimming in a mo then I have a session with Physio the i might just do a bit of window shopping.
I've been trying to make pretty little planters from dollar store terracotta pot but i cant find a glue that will stick glass beads to the glazed part. as soon as the hot glue gets cold they just pop off- might have to go for some heavy duty aroldite (cant spell it)
i gotta go- later peeps

Hi all!

Feeling pretty good today. A little more energy than usual. I think because I had my Remicade infusion yesterday for my psoriatic arthritis. It tends to give me a boost for a few days after. Which is a good thing when preparing for Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to cheating on my diet with some good food and a piece of cheesecake! Yum!
I best be careful not to over do it for the next couple of days because I certainly do not want a flare up!
The weather here is cold, well to me anyway. I am disappointed we did not get some snow. Only a few flurries.
Well time to get busy doing something.
Everyone have a great Thanksgiving

Welcome Sassy13, thanks for sharing.

The weather here has been cold. It snowed over the weekend, then thawed enough to make everything turn to ice when it got cold again. I have been staying home as much as possible when the roads are bad. I am not afraid of driving as much as I am afraid of the way other people drive. I almost saw a bad wreck yesterday, when a driver of a suv pulled out of a side street right in front of a semi loaded with gas. That would have been a big mess, but somehow the truck driver got stopped in time. It was two teens not paying attention. Makes me shake my head, like I am clueless on why people are in such a hurry that they can't wait until the coast is clear.

Anyways, I have been cooking new things and sharing the recipies with my family and friends. The newest recipe I made was Seitan, made from vital wheat gulten. It turned out really good, in fact better than expected. I made it taste like chicken bouillon. I plan to make a stir fry of veggies tonight and add a few pieces, and serve with noodles. yum!

Otherwise, my legs are a bit tired these days and I am moving a bit slower, but I am trying to enjoy my life as best I can. I hope all of you are doing the same. :)

Whew! I'm exhausted. Some shopping and some cooking over the past couple of days has worn me out. I will probably spend most of tomorrow resting to try to recoup. It was worth it because I did have lots of fun. At least I am finished with my Christmas shopping!

I would really like to decorate my house for Christmas tomorrow but I do not think I will have the energy.

Wishing everyone a happy Sunday!

Well today was a bit of a slow day. Big plans to do a lot of stuff, but in the end after taking a short walk I got lazy. Tomarrow is housecleaning day and getting a few groceries. I found a new recipe to try that the main ingredient is cauliflower. It is steamed then breaded and fried in olive oil and sounds very different and interesting. It is suppose to taste similar to shrimp once you put all the seasonings in it. Since I am allergic to the real shimp, I thought making fake shrimp might be fun. If it turns out good I will share it with you all.

The day warmed up a bit and I guess by Wed, it is suppose to be up in the 50 degree range. Then rain a few days and drop back down in the 20 degree range. And we will no doubt be skating on ice covered roads again. Oh, goodie!

I settled in tonight and watch a couple movies and ate a good supper and now it is just about bedtime. So till next time.....:)

Last edited:
horrible day yesterday. Pain was everywhere. Hoping today is better.

I managed to put up the Christmas decorations yesterday. I'm not paying for it today like I expected. I am proud of myself for getting back on my diet and exercise regimen! It really makes a difference in how I feel even though I have to force myself.
The weather is rainy and not too cold, but when the arctic breeze swoops down it will be coooold! Of course for the south anyway! Have I mentioned I really want a good snow this year, not just a dusting. Seems all the bugs arent so bad in the summer when it snows. Plus my boys are getting older, one is a senior and off to college soon, so I want that play day.

Ready to hit the shower.. wishing all of you a great day.

Well, all I have to say for today is that I am verticle! I took my methotrexate last night and it really wipes me for a day. Also, I went to a wrestling match that lasted a few hours. I sat on the bleachers for about 30 minutes, but then had to move to a chair next to an elderly man and woman. It didn't do much for my self esteem! Anyway I am off to the rheumatologist for my check up. Hope all will go well. I'm really stiff and sore today and my fatigue is just unbearable. I usually have someone drive me when I feel like this but no one is home, so I guess I will just make it.
I really want to perk up because I have pictures today with my senior wrestler. Anyway just ranting and whinning a bit today! Thanks for listening. Tomorrow is sure to be better.

Wishing all a good day! Sassy

Today was a good day in spite of the weather, which is very cold and snowing. We had cold temps for several day then freezing rain, now more snow. That is winter always giving you more then you want or need, but Spring will come again and that is something to look forward too.

I was talking with my mom today and we were talking about the food in her kitchen. She had pointed to a box of cheese crackers and said she did not really care for the favor and that I could have them. She then kept making odd statements about the crackers until I realized what she really meant. She said the crackers improved in flavor if you put a lot of sugar on them, but they were not good enough tasting to have for breakfast. I then knew that mom thought the crackers were some type of new cereal and that she had been having a bowl of them for breakfast every morning with sugar on top. Her other caregivers had not noticed, as having a box of crackers on your table is not odd, but using them for cereal is. I brought the crackers home. No wonder she was thristy all the time. lol

I have been making more yummy foods and plan to share another good recipe with you. I got a food processer so that blending and chopping ingredients could be done more easily. The hardest part was figuring how to get it all together and then how to take it all part again. But I found ways to handle the hardest part which is unlocking the bowl from the base. Now I am having fun trying new recipies.

I have to do housecleaning tomarrow. It is amazing how dirty the floors can get and how dusty the furniture gets with the furance running. It seems every other day I have to clean some more. I used to love cleaning but now it is just a big chore. Maybe because there is no one to tell me that the job was well done. lol

Hope you all have had a great weekend. :)

FREEEEZING!
im crazy busy at the mo, work stuff, family stuff Christmas stuff and heaps of medical stuff. i'm glad i'll have an extra few days off over Christmas or i think i'd have a nervous breakdown! lol
Its nearly midnight and i really need to go to sleep. Im exhausted. My physio really hurt and wore me out today..gotta keep moving though eh?
so back to work tomorrow then its a quick change and back out to dinner and a show which my brother in law has invited to..out of the blue and a first so i hope i'm ok for that :)
night dear ones and keep warm and take care

Today, was a day that if anything could go wrong, it did. We have had some really cold weather of late and the roads have been icy. So yesterday I went to use my cell phone and it lit up, but would not work as the battery was too cold. So today, I went to leave my house and my one car tire was nearly flat. So I got out my inflater machine but it would not work because the gauge was frozen. Never had that happen before. So I drove to town with a flat tire and finally found a gas station who's air hose was not frozen up, and got some air. Whew!

Then I went to mail a package to a friend and found out the postage rate between countries is out of sight. But I mailed it anyways. The same package would cost 12-15 dollars to mail in USA. But I think it was worth the effort to send a gift to a friend. Then I went and bought a few Christmas gifts and then came home. It was 10 degrees above 0, when I got home. Glad to be in where it is warm again. watched a good ole movie "You've Got Mail," and made a good supper.

So I hope all of you had a better day then me. Till next time......:)

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! We had a very nice time this Christmas, as family invited us, mom and I, out for a party Christmas eve, and then a dinner on Christmas Day, to watch the little ones open their presents. They (children) got lots of expenive gifts, but one of mine was the hit of the evening as the other toys needed to have their batteries charged up for several hours.

I had bought two peace buses, small about 4 inches long and 3 inches high, that if you ran the wheels backwards a bit then let them go they travelled very fast on bare floors. The two small boys had a blast playing with the buses for a long time. So I made a good choice.

I had new flannel sheets for my bed and a angel light, and mom got boxes of candy and lots of creames and lotions, soaps and shampoo, and a very pretty sweatshirt and pretty flannel sheets.

And of course the food was very good both places. The weather was very cold and nippy. We got lots of snow but very little ice so we did not loose electricity like so many north of us did. So now I am relaxing at home and enjoying time on my computer talking with you all.
Please share about your holiday. Hope it was healthy and weathy, peaceful and bright. :)

its been a crazy few weeks. I've not been at my best but hey, you gotta keep getting up and do what you do, work, house, and try and stop freezing to death.
My baby brother eloped to Vegas and got himself married!my other brother is doing well with his singing career and is always fully booked despite having meniers deasese ( forgive spelling, brain is fubar and spell check isn't giving me the words i need)
Sis has been diagnosed with Potts so I told my Mum perhaps she really shouldn't have bothered breeding ! LOL
I'm now back to work and the routine that gives me, sometimes, even though some days are hard, i think working is my best medicine, it gives me something to get up for and people to interact with. you cant beat a good distraction therapy :)
take care me lovelies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back