Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
03/2016
Country
US
State
Oregon
I can't believe everything I am feeling is fibromylagia. 4 years ago I started having sciatica. It would come and go and I worked through it. Did Zumba, walked 2 miles several times a week. But the pain got worse then just didn't go away. Sent to physiatrist who said it was sciatica and bursitis and did a cortisone shot in hip. Pain diminished greatly for 10 days then we went to Hawai. After 4 days of swimming, snorkeling had an episode in 3 feet of water where both legs went into severe cramps, I almost drowned. Extreme pain and cramps for days in GOOD leg, went to ER and was told I had probably tore a muscle cramps were so severe. Came home, found scores of cases of severe cramps after cortisone on the web. Sent to neurologist. Found Vitamin D super low, everything else looked fine. 18 months later still having cramps and now have developed severe pain in back and both legs. Have sore, tender knots on thighs, calves that radiate pain throughout legs. I can walk about 10 minutes then go into severe pain and or cramps in legs. I feel stiff and like my muscles are rubber bands being stretched til they're about to snap. I have been in PT for 18 months, they do Graston massage and excercises and cold lasers. I got better for a few months but the last few months my mobility has diminished to walking or standing 10 minutes. Every rheumatologist in town doesn't see Fibromyalgia patients. PC doc is sympathetic, has had me on Percocet and Valium, the only effective meds. Have been on Gabapentin, Zanaflex, Skelaxin, Flexeril, Bacoflen. No real effects other than zanaflex but they put me to sleep. I use the Percocet and Valium only when I'm desperate which is more and more. Now she wants me to do Cymbalta. I've read the horror stories and don't want to do it. She also suggest medical marijuana and said its effective for some and she'd rather have me do,that every day than stay on narcotics.

If you got this far, thank you! I just can't believe all this pain, the knots, the cramps, the stiffness is all fibro. And my doc says sadly she thinks it is and we need to find a regimen that helps because it won't go away.

Does it sound like Fibro? Does the stiffness and cramping, the knots sound familiar? Thanks for any input.

My legs feel literally the same way. I have had pain from my Achilles all the way up to my butt for almost 4 months. I have tried massage etc and nothing seems to help. I too have gotten to the point where I can hardly sit or stand. It seems the only position I'm comfortable is with my feet reclined and straight out in front of me.

It's no joy to tell u this, but yes fibro can and willgive u pain like that.im taking gabbipintin tramadol and amitripoline.your lucky u can have marijuana.we can't have that in the uk.
I suffer badly with stiffness,it's the worsed feeling ever.i always feel like I have the flu.

I got arrested by a cop who kept commenting in his report how stiff I looked. Cronic Fatigue made it look like I was on drugs and I got off of the DUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back