Status
Not open for further replies.
Sula, Glad you stopped in to give us a update. Sounds like your keeping busy on quite an even keel and having fun doing it.

Our weather turned from springtime to winter, again on Sunday. I was in church when one of the children said look it's snowing. We all turned around to look at the big white wet snow flakes coming down. Luckly it did not stick and although, it snow a bit more the ground remained bare, but the weather turned very cold and windy. Out came the winter coat again. And out came the winter pj's again. I hope it does not last to long.
I put my cherry tomato plants in pots. One is a hanging planter and the other a large tall pot. My marigold flat is in the cellar near a window. I had to put them somewhere they would not freeze and where it was easy to water them. Now we all wait for spring to arrive again. lol

Otherwise I have been trying to clean house and get some writing done on line. I also watch ads for fun and watch funny video's. Anything is better then watching my same old movies again. I have lots of old vcr's to watch, but it does not take long to see them all. I need to borrow some dvd's from friends for something new to watch.

I want to get my little garden started. I guess we all get impatient waiting for the right time to plant as soon as the snow goes away. It is really hard waiting when you love being outdoors. So slow down sweed, spring will be back soon. At least that is what I keep telling myself. lol

Considering my weekend antics I wasn't as bad as I thought I'd be. Stiff and sore but nothing I couldn't handle.
Still blooming cold here but no more snow.
SB, Glad to see I'm not the only one with a troublesome sleeping partner.
My and my hubby we're so incompatible in bed we not only have separate beds but separate rooms. I really don't think humans should sleep together.
The only time is for a bit of "hows-yer- father" then off to your own room. Much better to do actual sleeping on your own.

Keep your plants tucked up for another day maybe two Sweeds then spring will be back. We got special plant blankets all over our delicates.
Well I really should be sleeping in readiness for work tomorrow but it's a long time coming. Have to give it another go. Hope I nod off soon or I'll be all zombyfied again.
Goodnight

twiztc, Thanks for your comments. I am sure spring will be back one of these days and we can get back to planning our gardens.

I keep putting my tomato plants out on my sun porch during the day and bringing them back into the house at night. Today I got my whole lawn mowed and then later it started raining again. Tomarrow is suppose to be another day of rain. Well it makes the grass grow. lol

And guys and gals, today is my birthday. I made it to the big 60. My poor brain still thinks I am thirty something, planning all kinds of things to do that a old woman like me can not do, because I lack strength. But it never hurts to dream about things even if they never come true. lol

It is a good day for sure and I hope to have a better one tomarrow. Bye for now. :)

Today was a really nice day. The weather was warm and I got out in the yard a bit between my other chores. A friend stopped by and rotter-tilled my garden areas for me and know I can do some planting. I know I can get the peas in the ground because they like cooler weather and won't freeze. My small onion bed is growing good and my garlic bed is over flowing. Finally got my rhubarb roots and asparagus roots today, so now I can get them planted this weekend if it does not rain.

I got some housecleaning done today and still need to clean the windows. Had the windows open today and enjoyed that cool air coming in my hot house. Guess tomarrow is suppose to be beautiful as well. I sure hope so. See you here later...Bye! :)

Hi everyone, I did not get much written last night as I fell asleep at the key board at least three times. I worked on my garden too hard and really played myself out. I had to plant some roots for rhurbarb and a vegetable called asperagus. Then I planted some flowers and clipped some grass where I had missed it with the riding lawn mower. The rhurbarb was easy too do, but the asperagus is more with needing trenches dug and compost added, then the roots, then some dirt over top. Now comes the game of waiting for the plant to start growing and then filling in more around it a bit at a time till the ditch is full.

Today I had to go buy dried cow manure and potting soil to cover both crops. I sure hope they grow. :)

This time of year I don't spend a lot of time at my computer except for work and thats picking up again so i don't get much time to browse.
you seem to have been keeping busy Sweeds. we have another freezing blast of arctic air at the moment and my body is protesting, especially after the busy hard work kind of week i've had (see blog for details) Its almost good to be back at work for the rest!
More hard labour this weekend with the shed but I will be more of a supporting role. I'm gonna try not to over-do it , I need to repair myself a bit. I do hope it warms up a wee bit by then.

twiztc, Nice to hear from you. And yes, I have been a busy girl.

This past week was beautiful. I got many things planted in my garden, things that won't freeze, if it does freeze tonight. I planted my tomatoes in pots and brought thjem into the livingroom off the porch for this evening. They are saying the temp could get down int the thirties, but I am hoping it stays away from the freezing mark. I don't want to lose the apples we will have this year.

Anyways, I planted peas and parsnips. I made room for radishes and lettuce, and green beans. I will plant those when all danger of frost is gone. It seems strange getting frosts now, since it is Memorial Day weekend and everyone has been out and about planting flowers and mowing their lawns for the third time this spring.

I got my house cleaned today and baked a pan of brownies for my company tomarrow. Sometime I have too put flowers on the graves of the dear ones who have passed. Seems like there is always something to do and so little time to do it in. lol.

Hope you all have a great holiday weekend. :)

I made it here tonight, but I am too tired to type much. Took a trip to the cementary to put flowers on the graves of loved ones. Went to our camp for afternoon, then back to town to visit another relative and finally got home just before dark. You will have to wait till tomarrow for the details for my eyes are blurred and my brain is too wore out to make much sense or remember what to type. I will return tomarrow with an interesting tale to tell. :)

I hope all of you had a really good day today as well as a good weekend. I had hoped to type more yesterday but we had a bad thunder and lightening storm and I was worried about having my computer on-line. Today was a really nice day, even thou we got some rain this afternoon I was able to get out and about for a few hours. I hoped to mow the lawn but the rain came and spoiled that idea.

Over the weekend we went to the cementary and put flowers on the graves and met some people who knew my mom. We talked far to long and that made us late for the other things we had planned. Off we went to visit relatives and then we had to hurry and drive home as quick as we could before it got dark. So I was so tired that night. But it was a good day.

Hope to get out riding mower tomarrow and get some of the lawn mowed. It is hot work and hard to steer sometimes, but I go slow and try and do a good job. I am usually completely played out by the time I get done.

Anyways, I looked out my front door and found a wild bunny sitting on the edge of my flower bed. I got my camera and took pictures of him and then got pictures of my tomato plants. I hope they grow better. The air has been so cold and we had bad wind that knocked down plants the other day. I love having fresh tomatoes in my salads. So long till tomarrow. :)

Today I got my lawn mowed and then had to go around using hand clippers to get edges I missed. Just having a riding mower makes it hard to hit the tiny spots. I am thinking about getting a electric weedeater, that would make the trimming easier as I can't pull strings on mowers or anything else to get things started. Fibro has given me weak shoulders and arms and that keeps me from being able to do things I used to do with ease.

My big news is my plants are starting to pop up out of the ground. I hope everything grows well and my gardening hobby is successful. I also am praying for those of whom are in danger due to storms and hope you all stay safe and do not loose the roof over your heads. Tornadoes and hurricanes are scary and can be deadly. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. :)

Just popping in.

I've been focusing on Weight Watchers the past week or so. Really trying to get some of this weight off.

I also had appointments all week, and with the way the bus system is, every 1 hour appointment can mean a 3-4 hour chunk out of my day. Monday my husband was off and we ran some errands and caught up on TV.

Tuesday I had physical therapy for my hands. Wednesday I had a counseling session. Thursday I had a dentist trip, and my husband took off all day. We ended up making a run ut t the fabric store as I'd like to learn how to sew. Friday I had Weight Watchers in the AM and then physical therapy for my back in the evening, and I was all but face-down in my dinner plate by 6:30 pm.

Sulsa, thanks for the update. Glad to see you on the forum. Sounds like your keeping far to busy to be healthy for you. Glad your ok and none of the bad storms caused you problems.

I missed being here yesterday and Saturday, cause we went out to camp and enjoyed the beautiful weekend. It was hot but we got some rain in the evenings that really cooled things down. Got to take a walk in the woods and we hear turkeys and saw a big buck. We also found a falcon nesting in an old apple tree on the property. That was really neat to see. Hope to go again sometime soon.

My garden is growing. The peas are poking there heads out of the ground. The rhubarb is coming up. I planted tomato and green pepper plants, some dill seed and a parsley plant. Also got lettuce seed planted and radishes. I still need to plant cucumbers and green beans, squash and corn.
Hope you all had a good day and hope to be here tomarrow. :)

This week has been so crazy that I had to share some of it with you. On Monday I got to babysit the little boy and we watched funny video's until his dad picked him up. Then I went out and watered by garden. Tuesday, I planted radishes and lettuce, and sweet corn. Now my garden is complete except for green beans. A friend gave me a few seeds but not enough to have enough to can some.

Today, I had to water my garden and planted a pot with cucumber seeds. So far everything is growing. Then I had to go to the grocery store and to the beauty salon to get my hair fixed. On the weekend while at camp I decided to wash my hair in spring water. However, the shampoo that we had must have been very old because after washing my hair, my hair became all tangled and knotted. My long beautiful hair was stiff and I couldn't even brush or comb it well. When I got home I washed it 4 times, but it was still unmanageable. So I cut four inches off of it and washed it again. It was still a mess so I went to the hair dresser today and she washed it and used tons of conditioner. Then she combed it out. I was so thankful that it was able to be combed. Then I had her straighten and even out the cut edges so it looked better. At last mostly normal hair again. The shampoo I had used is called volumizer shampoo, which I had never used before and will never ever use again.

I hope you had a better time these last few days than me. See you tomarrow. :)

damn i really need to catch up. I'll be back later, having a bit of a tough day at work

twiztc, Gosh girl you better catch up or we will be lost without your generally humorous statements.

I have been super tired lately and so I missed a night or two on the board. I get so tired that my brain shuts down and I can't even think of anything useful to write about. So if I missed you coming in I will try to get caught up as the days go by.
Been working on my garden and have it all planted now. I have tomatoes and green peppers, onions and radishes, lettuce and spinach, peas and green beans, sweet corn and dill, and parsley planted. Just a little bit of each to make a summer salad garden.

Yesterday, I had to mow the lawn with the riding mower. I got it done but my muscles in my legs were wore out from all the bouncing over ruts and holes in my yard. I am sitting here trying to type and my left leg feels like I have a bad toothache. The pain is not improving and the cramping is hurting me. I often tell you in my posts not to overdue and yet that is the hardest thing to stop from doing. We feel better for a day and jump back into old habits of doing everything in one day and wham, we are back in the pain cycle again. It is suppose to rain the next several days so I am going to relax and hope the pain goes away.

Otherwise life is the same old stuff and I am trying to get through it one-day-at-a-time. See you here soon....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back