Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
Hi all. Hope all that read this are at the very least having a day they can handle. I was diagnosed a couple of years ago and i wasn't exactly in the believers camp, I have since joined said camp now. I not only have fibro I also have an undifferentiated inflammatory poly arthritis and osteoarthritis in my spine with now 2 bulging discs. With those 3 things alone combined make for some really, really crappy days. I will try to make this a short as I can. Last Nov 20th I started having a heart attack, I blew these pains and breathing issues off as the beginning of pneumonia. I've had it 3 times in my adult life and that's what I thought it was, man was I wrong. The pain eased but came back Saturday, then the same Sunday.....until late Sunday night. I knew I was in trouble with something. Off to the ER on Monday and they dropped the bomb on me, I was having a heart attack. Turns out it was a Widow Maker, I really am lucky to be here typing this right now. 2 stents later and I was on my way.....so I thought. I just never got back to where I thought I should be. I had missed an appointment with my Rheumatologists and it took forever to get to see her again. I had typed out a note with all my issues and what was going on with me and she just looked at me and said this is all a typical fibro flare. I didn't even know this little beats existed, oh but does it. I had every single symptom less 1, I did not have the menstrual issue ( I would certainly hope not ). She said that the fibro seen the heart attack as a major trauma and it sent me into a flare, a really really long flare. I guess they can come and go, stay around for a while and pretty much do what they want. Yippie, lucky us. So after all of this here is my question.
If a trauma can send the fibro into a flare, is it possible that a trauma could stop a flare? Things that make ya go Hmmmmm.Today forth first time in almost a year I almost feel human. I just had a very severe tooth abscess, 1 tooth on 1 side and 2 on the other. It was so bad that my hydromorphone plus my percs might as well have been candy. Now that it is under control and almost gone it hit me earlier today just how good I was feeling and that's what made me think about it. I haven't gone researching just yet as I find the experiences of others to be the real world results that matter. If anyone knows if this can happen I'd gladly like to know. Sorry for the long winded post but if you made it to the end, Thanks for reading.

Welcome,short answer no,trauma can't stop a flare.only make them worse.fibro has its own agenda.it can come and go for no reason at all.even a very stressful day can set a flare off.
Pls ask anything u need to know.as the only stupid question is the one u don't ask.
And I'd advise you do alittle home work and read what u can about this illness.the more u no the better u can cope.
X

I agree with Forgetmenot...If it is fibro trauma wont get rid of it and almost always will make it go nuts. Sometimes i find the adrenaline of a stressful situation will very short term give me more energy and reduce the pain a lot but when it subsides the pain flares so badly and the weakness and fatigue means i can barely get around the house or stand up long enough to brush my teeth.

We are all very different how and to what degree we are affected...I am sure you will find your own path.There is lots of help on this forum and you are very welcome to ask anything and join in.

Thanks for your thoughts peeps. I agree with you willow because it happens to me, get a rush and then I go all sideways afterwards. As for doing my homework, I have. I have done more reading in the past 6 years ( it took them almost 2 years to get me diag'd with the arthritis ) than I have in my entire life. Knowledge is king. I don't think my care is all on my doctors, I play a role in it just as much as they do. I find the biggest problem I have is not only are the fibro cases so low in the population it's even lower in men. 1 out 10 fibro cases are male, yippie. I am sure that the combination of the uncommon arthritis along side with fibro is why it almost 2 years to get answers. If it's gonna happen it's gonna happen to me. I have zero luck, none, nadda, ziltch.
I'm not a big fan of relying on coincidence which is why I find it odd that I have a trauma that brings on this monster flare but then to have it lessen with another trauma. Now with all that said i also don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I still feel like a pile of crap but the pile isn't as big as it was now. The walk to the grocery store yesterday proved it to me that I am actually feeling better, I wasn't laid out on the couch today praying for death. Still sore and uncomfortable but not like it has been in the past.
Just looking for answers, if i don't go look for them I won't get them because they're not going to come to me. Keep your head up and keep smilin people and at the very least, try to laugh.

Well whatever has caused this relief I am pleased for you....make the most of it and long may it last...who knows with this crazy illness!

Hi all. Hope all that read this are at the very least having a day they can handle. I was diagnosed a couple of years ago and i wasn't exactly in the believers camp, I have since joined said camp now. I not only have fibro I also have an undifferentiated inflammatory poly arthritis and osteoarthritis in my spine with now 2 bulging discs. With those 3 things alone combined make for some really, really crappy days. I will try to make this a short as I can. Last Nov 20th I started having a heart attack, I blew these pains and breathing issues off as the beginning of pneumonia. I've had it 3 times in my adult life and that's what I thought it was, man was I wrong. The pain eased but came back Saturday, then the same Sunday.....until late Sunday night. I knew I was in trouble with something. Off to the ER on Monday and they dropped the bomb on me, I was having a heart attack. Turns out it was a Widow Maker, I really am lucky to be here typing this right now. 2 stents later and I was on my way.....so I thought. I just never got back to where I thought I should be. I had missed an appointment with my Rheumatologists and it took forever to get to see her again. I had typed out a note with all my issues and what was going on with me and she just looked at me and said this is all a typical fibro flare. I didn't even know this little beats existed, oh but does it. I had every single symptom less 1, I did not have the menstrual issue ( I would certainly hope not ). She said that the fibro seen the heart attack as a major trauma and it sent me into a flare, a really really long flare. I guess they can come and go, stay around for a while and pretty much do what they want. Yippie, lucky us. So after all of this here is my question.
If a trauma can send the fibro into a flare, is it possible that a trauma could stop a flare? Things that make ya go Hmmmmm.Today forth first time in almost a year I almost feel human. I just had a very severe tooth abscess, 1 tooth on 1 side and 2 on the other. It was so bad that my hydromorphone plus my percs might as well have been candy. Now that it is under control and almost gone it hit me earlier today just how good I was feeling and that's what made me think about it. I haven't gone researching just yet as I find the experiences of others to be the real world results that matter. If anyone knows if this can happen I'd gladly like to know. Sorry for the long winded post but if you made it to the end, Thanks for reading.

I need to ask you a question. When you had the tooth abscess did you take antibiotics? I ask this because I had a tooth abscess and on the last day of antibiotics my body aches went away and stayed away for 3 days. They came back but, following this up, we tried giving me antibiotics again. It was a different antibiotic this time because I had had some side effects from the first one (amoxicillin). It worked again, not as dramatically as the first time but it did help a lot. So when I read that your symptoms improved after a tooth abscess I had to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back