Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
A few months after Breast cancer surgery my hands would hurt, I had a hard time opening and closing them, especially in the morning. This all started aim February 14. It's gotten worse since then. My oncologist ruled out other disorders and then told me that I have fibromyalgia. My previous GP prescribed me Pregablin, Gabapentin, and others I've seen mentioned here. Nothing works except Percocet, but I can't take that for the rest of my life! What has helped others where everything else seems to fail? I try to stay active but for the last few days my feet have been aching so much. I don't seem to have any good days, only one big flare up. I'm sure depression and Breast cancer recurrence doesn't help. I'm just really frustrated :(

Bonbon, Hello and welcome to the forum. In addition to the medications we take we try using things in our homes to feel better. This is by taking warm baths with ebson salts in the water. Using the dryer to warm up a blanket to cuddle underneath. watching funny movies to lift our spirits. Prayer and quiet times to relax and unwind. Your quality of sleep counts too, so I tell folks to get a thick pad to place on top of your mattress under your sheets. This will help cushion your sore muscles and thus improve your sleep. Listen to other members and share the things you have tried yourself to slow down or stop the pain and other symptoms.
Read through the posts and ask more questions. We try and help all who come here feel better and not feel so alone in dealing with fibro. i hope that your bout with cancer is over and that you are in remission now. :)

Also, you should drink water-a lot. Has your vitamin D level been checked? FMers often have low vitamin D, which in some people causes more pain. Pacing is very important, rest a few minutes between chores, you may try an anti-inflammatory diet such as one for arthritis. Even using essential oils can help relax and soothe. There is more you can find by reading other posts here.

Hope something helps.

Thanks for all the tips...I will try them and report back :). Vitamin D is good, probably because I live in FL now.

BonBon, i feel your pain and frustration. im so sorry to hear of your cancer. i know you found a med that helps and you cant use it.
im on a stray under the tongue cancer med that seems to help me. it's called Subsys. you might review this product with your doctor.
please read our posts and reply to them as it helps you and all of us. may you have a low pain day soon.

Hi my name is Julie. I too have been recently diagnosed with Fibro. Just under a year. Just started Duloxetine. Ive experienced feet and legs feeling bruised, also they sweat. Yet my arms are cold. Feels like freon or antifreeze in my arms creates goosebump, very odd. Also extreme itching on the bottom of my feet and palms of my hands. Body is extremely achy. I actually quite wearing jeans because heavy stiching bothers me. I work construction dont know how much longer ill be able to continue. The exhaustion and pain is overwhelming.

Welcome Bonbon and Julie6903. I found this forum to be a godsend in support and validation.

Bonbon, I pray you are doing well with cancer recovery. You say you can't take percocet for the rest of your life. Why? I have had to keep pain meds available for when I have pain flares. I always hurt, but as you know, there are bad days and good. I too have been having a run on bad days, but vow to keep positive and just roll with it (I mostly succeed!)

Julie, what you are describing, I go through also. I find myself taking things off, changing clothes, putting blankets on, then off, etc. I found pants get to me as well. I too struggled with work for the same reasons. I finally didn't have a choice. My bod wouldn't do it anymore. My counselor helped me to open up at looking for options. She was the one that told me I SHOULDN'T be working. I didn't think I had an option. Long story short.....I explored the options, ran numbers, applied for and worked hard at getting SSD. I was put on a month leave of absence in July of last year. My body said, "Ahhhh" and I found I couldn't go back. I have had some pretty bad days since, but I can now rest, lay down, do nothing, or deal with my pain and fatigue in other ways. I was amazed to find that I really could get by no longer working. I'm blessed with a wonderful rock of a husband. I was the major breadwinner. Now he is (at a much less salary). Somehow by the grace of God we are surviving.

Hugs to you both. I'm sure we will be communicating more in the future...Hang in there....

I keep changing my socks I feel like there gritty, weird feeling on the skin, I probably change them 3 times a day.
I have quite a few of those fuzzy ones. Silly right?but hey, if they help,why not! I CANT STAND scratchy on my skin.
Well I better scoot I have an appointment with my heating pad.
Blessings!

I get that way sometimes too Moe....I have tripled my sock washing because of it....LOL

hmm as i said before. they natural doctor said that at some point your clothes will begin hurt you and you wont be able to wear them.
Seams this maybe true.
i send socks and hugs to you both!

I keep trying new things to help the pain- they help for a while and then it's almost like my body gets used to it and they don't work as well. I kind of rotate pain creams - Capzasin, salonpaas, and castor oil. They all help the achies especially in my hands and hips. I love my heated mattress pad. I live in sweats. I do oil pulling, drink lemon water and green tea, take vitamin b12 and Turmeric, don't eat any sugar or wheat. I meditate every morning, try to get 30 minutes of sunshine every day ( not always easy in Ohio), and laugh everyday - thank goodness for YouTube ! Info take lodine and norflex but they just kind of take the edge off. Arthritis association water exercise class 3 times a week, yoga in between. I still have pain, but it is not entirely unbearable. I hope you find the things that help you!

cindy, try to do the creams every other day. this will help with keeping them working for you.

The thyroid mom has a great site on Fibro and Pain and Thyroid.... I have said 100's of times the connection with Thyroid and FM. Look at her site and you will find many comments on Fibro and thyroid and pain and and and...

Thyroid as I see it and it was for me, a HUGE piece of the puzzle. J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back