Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Well I went back to the doctor today and she gave me a prescription for gabapentin. Anybody else take this? If so does it work for you? I was told it "might" work but was reading about it and am really worried about the side affects. Normally I do not experience side affects from medication but this one may be different. I have read both good and bad things about it. I don't know which to believe. Everyone is different and what works for some people may not work for others. Please let me know if you take this and if it helps or hurts. Thanks!

Hi there! Gabapentin was one of the first meds I tried when I was younger, sadly it never did a thing for me. It's one of the many meds that didn't work for me, I hope it does for you, because as you said: everyone is different.

Yes I'm on 600 mg a day. And it helps. It helps me keep down my tramadol to a minamun level.
How long this wounder drug will last I don't no.but I'm sure you will find it does help.

Hey Krista Dillon, I haven't been on here forever! Noticed your post though! I am currently on gabapentin. It has helped me quite a bit. I do also take tramadol with it. My doctor said it would help tramadol work better. Although when I increased the gabapentin to 2 pills 3x a day and I started having bad side effects. Very angry, anxiety and wanted to cry. And of course weight gain( that's true for any of these meds they have us on) I have cut down to 2 pills 2x a day. Side effects are better but of course the pain is worse cuz I cut medicine! vicious circle! I hope it will help you !! I will be beginning the long start to getting my medical marijuana card. I am very excited, I believe this will be my answer! I should of done it sooner.

That's great news, when a drug helps it's certainly something we should try too.

I'm on gabby, it took almost 3 weeks to feel a real difference the filling week I went backwards, dr upped my dose, I got no better/worse so she tried to switch me to lyrica, nasty Nast nasty, three days and I was done with that. Bat to gabby. Unfortunately I take it 4x a day and I always have to plan my day around the dose because it makes me so tierd and sometimes dizzy. I have gained weight but would rather be overweight then unable to move. I think I might be able to start coming off of it but I am afraid to try just yet. Give it a little time. If the three common fibro drugs (gabby, lyrica and cymbalta) it is the least hazerdos and the cheapest. If need be ask your dr. If you can up the dose, take the upped dose two hours before you need to get up in the morning so you can sleep off the drowsy if that helps you'll know you just need a higher dose. Good luck . And remember, if this one doesn't work keep trying it often takes time to find the right drug and the right dose.

Hi scren,
Glad to hear from you again :)

That's the thing, it takes some time for the medication to have effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back