Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
CA
State
ON
Hello everyone, I've not posted on here for a few years. Such the season has turned into fall, I've not been able to stay up. The longest I can stay up is maybe three hours at a time, then I sleep for hours and hours. I get up and I feel like I've taken a sleeping pill. This is really becoming depressing. Not only do I have pain, but all I do is sleep my life away. I hardly spent time with my boyfriend and my kids. But at least my kids are grown up... But I still would like to do something with my life other than being in bed, sleeping. :-(

I have found that ritalin (methylphenidate) helps me with feeling tired and draggy. A lot of people look at me sceptically when I tell them this, but this drug can act as a stimulant for those with fibromyalgia. Ask your doctor.

No, I don't receive kick-backs from the drug company! :wink:

What meds are you on? It sounds like you aren't getting into REM sleep so your body is not getting rest and rejuvenated even though you are sleeping all the time. I used methylphenidate also and it helped for awhile but most doctors won't prescribe it for off label use. Then i was on a chemical sleep and chemical wake up, it worked but i still didnt feel very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back