Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2010
Country
US
State
Ca
Hello, I haven't been on here for a while have been dealing with alot. I am now seeing a good doctor that is helping me with my fibromyalgia pain and other things. I am being prescribed tramadol now and gabapentin. The gabapentin is helping me and I'm actually able to decrease my tramadol.

Great news, Devilstopma! It's good to have you back :)

Nice to hear things are improving for you and to see a post from you.

Good news Devilstopma. I have learnt of many cases involving use of tramadol and gabapentin with poor of discouraging results. Others are on Lyrica and Cymbalta and still the worse off for it. The one thing I believe offers consistent results is tapentadol which is a slow release drug. I would like to advise you to try to wean yourself off drugs and try lifestyle adjustments and alternative therapies instead.

I'm new here. I have many questions. I haven't definitively been diagnosed yet. EVERYTHING else is being eliminated first.
So, my first question regarding pain: Did anyone experience extraordinary pain as a child? When I was 4-5 yrs old, I would get debilitating pain in my arms and legs. I could only describe it as my bones and skin hurt. It hurt so bad I could barely walk and my skin hurt so much, even having a sheet touch me caused severe pain.
Doctors said it was 'growing pains'. But that lasted into my mid thirties. I'm now 66, I have been in pain for 15 years. Doctors said arthritis, which I'm sure is partly true. I don't have rheumatoid arthritis, polymyalgia rheumatosia (however it's spelled) so that pretty much leaves fibromyalgia.
So, is it possible that I have had this since I was a child?

That is great news! Ive been taking Savella and Tramadol for going on 2 years. The Savella worked well for a while but I think it's time for a change. I hear over and over about Gabapentin helping a lot. I have a appointment in June and I think I want to give Gabby a try. I'm so happy you are getting some relief. I love to hear when things are working! Blessings..Mima

I do not know you personally but it is always good to have one of yours back, welcome back and hope to see you around, best regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back