Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
I received a letter from my attorney today and at first I was so excited I could hardly contain myself.
You see I have been waiting for a hearing before an ALJ regarding my disability. My attorney told me the hearing will probably be in June and that I should receive a letter from him within 30 days of the hearing. So you can imagine my excitement when I saw the letter. I thought, this is it, I am finally going to have my day in court and be able to tell the judge face to face what my daily struggles are. Imagine my disappointment when I opened the letter only to find out it is another letter in a long list of letters wanting an update on what doctors I have seen, what they are telling me about my condition, list the reasons why I can't work and so on and so forth. I can't tell you how many of those letters I have already wrote and sent. Am I ever going to get my day in court? I have been fighting this battle for two years now and I am so tired of it.

Oh Krista how disappointing. I know you have been waiting patiently.

I hope this is the last they will need from you and then hurry up and give you your court date. I will keep my fingers crossed it will be June and you get the result you so deserve.

Take Care

So sorry to hear that :( It¿a so frustrating to receive that kind of pointless letters when you are waiting for something so important. I know the feeling, because when I was waiting to get news about my immigration paperwork status... I kept receiving a lot pointless letters letting me know they got our payments or that they were reviewing my application, etc. It's so darn frustrating! But don't worry, I'm sure your day will come, just like mine did!

Uggh, sorry! Last thing you need on top of this condition is more stress! I stopped working because of this 9months ago, and am dreading applying because of this.

Hi Krista,

I feel your pain and totally understand it. The wait is agonizing! I'm in a similar boat as you, it seems.

I applied for SSDI way back in January 2014, and was denied in Sept. 2014. So I hired a lawyer who appealed the decision and requested a "reconsideration". The "recon" was denied in March 2015, and so my lawyer requested a hearing before the Administrative Law Judge. In mid April of 2016 (a year later!) I finally received the long-awaited email from my lawyer stating that my hearing is now scheduled for June 20th.

This means that my hearing will be two and half years since I first applied for SSDI!

Finally!! The light at the end of the tunnel is in sight! :)

Each State is different, though. Your lawyer should be able to give you a good idea of the current wait time for hearings. Also, there is a website out there that gives an estimate of the current wait times for hearings by State, and the names and case approval % of each State's judges. Do a google for "disabilityjudges" if you are interested in seeing.

My advice is to just hang in there! You are no doubt also near the end of your long wait. Just gotta stick it out a little bit more! You can do it!

Good luck to you! :)

EDIT: I should also mention that my laywer requested my hearing to be teleconferenced via video rather than in-person before the judge. According to the laywer, video conferences would decrease wait time by a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back