Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2015
Country
AU
State
New South Wales
Hi my name is Jasmin and Im 21, was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last year and I honestly feel like my situation is gradually getting worse. Lately my balance has been terrible, so bad that I have had 10-11 falls over the last 12 months and eventually bought a walking stick to help. I went to a GP because I was worried and she mentioned MS and tested my waking and said that it was just the shoes I was wearing however, I’m not so sure on that (I don’t always wear the same shoes). She ordered a blood test and made me book an appointment with my normal doctor.
I’ll be honest normally I am really chilled about my health and hate booking appointments because “I’ll be fine!” But this time I had no idea what MS meant and looked through various credible health websites for what it was, that probably wasn’t the smartest thing. Here is what I found that I deal that may be concerning:

uncomfortable sensation shooting down your back into your arms or legs when you bend your head forward
abnormal weakness in any part of the body
difficulty moving any part of your body (This isn’t all the time for me, mostly on bad days)
changes or abnormalities to your vision
abnormalities with your eyes (I have to wear glasses to read, thats really annoying when I am a violinist)
arm pain or discomfort
pain or discomfort anywhere in the legs (including the foot and ankles)
neck pain or discomfort
involuntary muscle twitches
pins and needles (I get this a lot when I am studing in my hands and what not)
urinary urgency or hesitancy (This is new for me)
constipation or urgency

So, do I have any valid concerns, I have been thinking about this for a while now as I have come to grips with having fibromyalgia and using a cane. I just want know for sure, but I know that MRI’s are not cheep.

Hi and welcome...sorry for your condition worsening. It's true MS has similar characteristics to fibro but only a neurologist can diagnose MS after lots of tests and scan. All the above symptoms could be either.Good Luck with getting a diagnosis.

For you this sounds important and also there are different treatments for MS that may improve things considerably should it turn out to be that...but please dont assume it is from what you have read.

Fibro also goes up and down, new symptoms may join in as years go by.You sound strong and brave as you are very young to be dealing with this condition.

Take care

Its a looong gruelling rd. Trying to figure things out. Here are a couple things to check, your medication, some have so many side effects. Weight gain, dizzy. Im also wondering if I have MS, and worse yet als.
I had a family dr. For 20 yrs, he knew my whole family, and the dynamics. He had me on enough pain meds I could be productive, that was 2011. I dont trust any other Dr.s. I live in a small town, and lines of Dr. Confidentuality have been compromised. I have been falling too. But....?I have cateracts, so I have to really watch where I step. Its SO EMBARRESING. BE PROACTIVE, Some would say " your a hypercondreact". PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK! Its taken 2 yrs for my husband to, kind of, understand. God Bless, keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back