Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
VA
Hey everyone I'm new here. I'm a 31 year old male who has had IBS, anxiety, irritability, tics, tremors, twitches, fidgety, fatigue, wake up feeling like I haven't slept...since I was a kid. Even as a kid, I thought I would end up with fibro someday.

Most of my symptoms are in the right side of my body. My right elbow is pointier, my right hand/wrist has had pain when I lift too heavy (maybe cubital tunnel). Sometimes my fingers/hand feels stiff. My right quadriceps gets numb and pain every so often....as do my calves. I got charley horses and shoulder bursitis all the time as a kid.

The past 7 months have been really stressful. Ive had burning sensations, tingling, numbing, pains all over. I get mood swings, joints feel stiff, I get forgetful, and when I accidentally hit something it feels a lot worse than it should. My uncle thinks I have arthritis in my right hand because I have a bony thing sticking out at the bottom of my palm.

An xray showed I have a military neck (as in very straight)...it also showed a compressed L5. I asked about fibro, but the doc shrugged.

I thought to ask on a forum, see if its worth looking into. I took a fibro test online from the rheumatology college and it came back "positive"....but its just an online test so you never know.

Hi, I am fella sufferer - just like you, since my childhood I have had issues with sleep (I never woke up feeling refreshed, and for years I thought that was how humans were supposed to wake up!), fatigue, irritability, extreme sensitivity to everything, pain = a slight pack on the back would hurt (and again, I thought that was supposed to 'hurt').

At age 19, I had pain all over at university overseas, and was referred to a physical therapist, who upon examining me told me I was weak fascia and that it would cause me lots of pain in the future. Fibromyalgia was not a disease well-known at the time, but I am sure I would've been diagnosed with it if it were. It took me 15 more years to wait for the official fibromyalgia diagnosis. In the meantime, there was talk of chronic fatigue syndrome, and I also had a few mental breakdowns - diagnosed with depression, social anxiety, PTSD, borderline etc etc etc....

I am just curious - did your mother have a difficult birth with you? Mine did and she was living a developing country with poor health care. We both almost died. I have always thought that my bad start in life causes me to be so 'awkwardly different' from the rest of the population, with the strangest aches and pains, sensitivities etc.

I know it sucks to hear this, but have you spoken to any doctor about your mental health? An antidepressant is often also prescribed for pain, as well as anxiety/depression. So maybe that will help calm you on the inside and also help with the pain inside and out. Keep a diary of your complaints and prepare yourself real well for your next doctor's appointment. It can take a while to find the right doctor, to rule out everything else, so try to be patient and look well after yourself in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back