Kezren33

Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
AU
State
VIC
Hello there

I'm 28 years old and was diagnosed fibre just over 12 months ago. The last couple of months have been getting a lot worse, to the point where i can hardly walk. I use a cane to get around, and even then I am holding onto people, or rails, or tables etc

The problem is that the whole lower half of my body seizes up. Like, I'll be hobbling along, and all of a sudden I can't move a muscle from my lower back to my toes. They just seize up and I fall over!

Anyone experience anything like this? I pretty much can't do anything by myself at this point.

Hi I too have just registered on this forum.
I do sound like you with the lower body pain, but not to the point of falling over. The small of my back, thighs knees and calfs ache and burn, feel bruised and are very stiff. In the morning I can hardly get out of bed and although i seem to get a bit better as the day goes on, if I sit down, getting up is a nightmare.
I can drive although it aches if i sit for too long but getting out of the car is a very slow and sore process. I therefore am a bit worried about going anywhere alone because i feel so stiff that if someone knocked me, I'm sure I would fall over.
I'm just sharing this so you know ur not totally alone, I can't really advise what to do other than i find stretching exercises help get me going, but I am newly diagnosed so like you I'm looking for answers. Just know there are many like us out there and make sure you get a doctor to test you for other conditions that have these symptoms.
Take care..big hugs

Thanks for the reply MrsAchy. Sorry to hear you are struggling too.

Another thing I have noticed is that if I am walking along and there is a sudden loud noise, or my legs brush past something unexpectedly, this makes my legs seize up. I'm not sure what it is about surprises! It's a horrible unsetylubg feeling. I'm afraid to leave the house alone because of it.

oh yes i have that as well, in particular with my dogs. They seem to always be under my feet and if they fall or brush against me when I'm not ready for it, my whole body jolts which sets of a spasm. It's also happened to me when people knock me in the street or shopping centre. My opinion is that we are so aware of our pain that we are tensed up all the time so when something unexpected like this happens our body over reacts. But I'm no expert, its just my opinion.
Maybe thats another reason they say relaxation techniques help, so we are not so wound up all the time. Not sure, I hope others on this forum may be able to also relate to this.

I hear what you're saying about being super sensitive to the pain, but I don't really have pain! It's just really confusing, I can't understand what is going on. I'm seeing my gp today who wants me to see a neurologist. I'm also not on any medication, perhaps some kind of muscle relaxant might help?

Well as I say I am no expert, your doc is right, see a neurologist. The leg seizing up may have nothing to do with your fibro, fibro doesn't cover every pain or problem we have. Interesting you have no pain though, as you say you were diagnosed with fibro. Normally its the muscle pain and discomfort that people experience that lead often to a fibro diagnosis, but we are all different.
Best of luck with the neurologist, it will be good for you to get some answers :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back