Not open for further replies.

elizabethtracey

Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
uk
State
west midlands
Hello, I am new to the forum and have already learnt I am not alone in suffering from this horrible Fibro thing.
I have recently been diagnosed, started on medication and trying to come to terms with constant aches, pains, headaches and generally feeling pretty much totally exhausted.
My G.P. and Consultant have both said, "not a lot is known about the condition", which is a great help (not), I have now been referred to a pain clinic.
Even as I am sat here, I have major pain in my shoulders, neck, and ribcage, back and having got out of bed about 20 mins ago, already feel like getting back in it.

Will this last forever, and do I just have to learn to control it with pain relief and get on with it?

I cannot do the things I need to do, and I am pretty much fed up.

I have now been referred to a pain clinic, so hopefully they will assess me and be able to offer me some more help.

Thanks for reading guys any info would be gratefully received Liz x

Hi,

I'm new here to the forum, too. I'm 30 now, was diagnosed in 2007, and until that time, I was in the best shape of my life. I worked 8 hours a day, then went to the gym for 1.5 hrs, and still had energy to function. When I got sick, I had no energy, was so exhausted that as soon as I made it home from work, I'd lay down and fall right asleep. Aches all over, I remember my knees touching together and how much pain it caused. Felt like my body was covered in bruises, but with no marks. I thought maybe the Flu or Lyme disease, but my bloodworm came back pretty much normal. Sent o rheumatologist, and he diagnosed me, and was told basically the same thing as you.... Not much known about it, and not much could be done. He even suggested working out, which I had been doing but now too exhausted for that. Treated me like a joke. Later on, I did some research and asked about trying Wellbutrin, which I still take but don't think has an effect. No pain meds. I just "tough it out", people act like it isn't real if they can't see anything wrong with you almost. I'm wondering what they put you on for meds? Have they helped?

Another strange thing for me, last year I had my first anxiety attack (never knew they were *real*, til that point, or how quickly they come on, and out of nowhere... ).

I work as a veterinary technician, and last night I was dong some research, and found that toxoplasmosis can be linked to fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue/mental issues. Very interesting, since toxoplasmosis is common, but only about 10-20 percent of people show or feel any symptoms (adults). I've never been tested, but I'm calling my doctrine Monday to ask if we can try. I've tried everything else.

I feel that there is a REASON for these symptoms, and it has to be right under our noses... Apparently they don't treat toxo often, they fell that most people don't need it unless its an active infection. I think my active infection was in '07, and this is going to continue to effect me...

Have you been reading a lot on Fibro?

Will this last forever, and do I just have to learn to control it with pain relief and get on with it?

I cannot do the things I need to do, and I am pretty much fed up.

I have now been referred to a pain clinic, so hopefully they will assess me and be able to offer me some more help.

Thanks for reading guys any info would be gratefully received Liz x

Hi Liz! So sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but I'm glad you found us! Being in contact with others going tru the exact same thing is always helpful! This place is filled with a lot useful info! You just need to look around and you will surely find it.

As for your question... I'm afraid there is no way to cure fibro (not that we know of), but it can be managed... some people have a good result with meds, others don't... you just need to find what works best for you and learn a lot coping techniques and how to deal with your pain. Don't worry, it gets easier :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back