Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/1993
Country
US
State
MI
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. Just venting. More than 23 years of Fibro pain, IBS, CFS and in the last year Chondromalacia in knees. I work full-time, no sick time left so I'm docked, sometimes I've been on short-term disability. I just do everything to work, but don't really live life because I have to rest all evening and weekends to gather up strength to work. I pray, takes meds, get Hylagen shots, light exercise and am grateful for family and friends. In the last 4 days been in flare up and even was crying at work from the pain.:(PS i have tried over 150 things to have quality of life, special mattress, meds, hot baths, light exercise, pray, meditate, therapy, vitamins - but still have horrible flare ups.

Anything new on the horizon:?:?

Jacque, so sorry to hear you are going thru this, I know how awful flares can be, am in the middle of one as well, it seems this one will last a while. Sadly it seems there is nothing new on the horizon, it's my guess they are not dedicating enough research time to fibro, because let's be honest... there still are a lot folks out there who don't even believe fibro exists :(

Thanks Trellum, hopefully more research will happen. It is true, many people, even physicians do not understand nor believe in Fibro. At least my Rheumatologist is caring and has been helping me for more than 18 years. I have accommodation at work, but it is sooooo difficult to work. Very frustrating but I have faith. Thanks

Hang in there, Jacque. I'm sure soon enough they might at least create a drug that can help us with our flares. By the way, you are so lucky you have found a good rheumatologist, that is super important! It's also good you have special accommodation :) Your boss must be so understanding! That's awesome!

I know how you feel Jacque as, I was once in that boat. I had no life because I had to use all my "free" time to make it through the next day. I hope there are some avenues that can allow you to work less. I am glad your work is at least trying to accommodate you.

I believe that we are making progress. It might be slow but there are more people beginning to understand that Fibromyalgia is a legitimate issue.

There is actually a lot of research going on. There is one particular research on the small nerve fiber that I think is going to get us a lot of answers. Check out a post on it that was just posted yesterday - April 29, 2014. Just google "Cort Johnson - Health Rising'. He does a lot of posts explaining the different research going on, but the most recent from April 29th is awesome! Maybe I am just so excited about it because I have been in a bad flare since having a throat infection 3 weeks ago and I am having the worst pain that I have ever had. Normally the pain is moderate and the exhaustion is high, but this flare is changing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back