Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
At this point any advice will help... How can you get your gp to listen to you when they think fm is fake???? I have a list of symptoms that i dont think are normal for a 25 y/o woman i also have a family history with fm idk if this is hereditary or not but i honestly think this is what i have... My symptoms are pain at the base of my skull that never seems to go away. A burning pain in my left shoulder... Pain is kinda all over all the time... Also i never feel like i get enough sleep.... Racing thoughts and i was also diagnosed with IBS... To top all this off i constantly get this wierd feeling that shoots through my body kinda like an electric shock.... It makes it hard to do day to day task or even work and take care of my family... Please any suggestions

First Welcome to the forum. I am sorry that you are going through this, and I hope you feel better soon :)

Find a new GP and see a rheumatologist. If your GP thinks its fake, then its time to move on. You need a doc who is caring and who will listen. Rheumi's are the first line of contact when diagnosing fibro.

Hi ! I'm sorry your struggling with those symptoms.
I'm also new to this forum myself , however I've had fibromyalgia for years.
It's almost impossible to find good Doctors who listen.
I would start keeping a journal of your symptoms. Sort of a log for yourself, to write in. It helps validate what's going on .
I'm not a Doctor, but it does sound like you have fibromyalgia and a lot of stress can cause you not to sleep well and have racing thoughts.
Stop all caffeine if you drink coffee or tea or anything with caffeine in it . Call your state #211 (United Way hotline) and ask for Dr. referral numbers. They also can help you with any family help.
Anxiety leads to depression. So try to de-stress as much as possible. (Exercise helps) . Lastly . Try to drink as much water as you can to hydrate. Gateraid also. (May help ?)
Maybe see a natural doc. If no luck
Be relentless! ��

Hi Briana,

Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry your going through this at your age.But Fibromyalgia can start at an early age,we know that now.

If your dr isn't supportive,I recommend that you find someone who is. Fibromyalgia is a medical diagnosis and if he doesn't believe it,then he is obviously not up to date with his medical experience and education.There are several physician searches online to find good doctors and they even give the backgrounds and education of the dr.They also tell what insurance the dr accept,and what diagnosis he treats.The one I I use is Healthgrades.com,but there are several out there that are good.I find alot of people don't know about these but there great! And I also read the reviews of the patients.I know they don't like having online info on here,but this info is helpful.

A lot of the symptoms you have seem similar to Fibromyalgia.Try to find a dr that has experience with that.Rheumatologist will diagnose Fibromyalgia,so look for that kind of physician in your area.I hope you can find the treatment you need.Like the other ladies said decrease your stress as much as you can.Rest as much as you can.Another thing that is important is stay hydrated and eat healthy! A lot of us use to run around and work like crazy and not drinkor eat. We have to fuel our bodies!

Also pace yourself ,meaning when your working or cleaning take breaks.Do a little at a time and then rest.Try not to over exert your body.By over stressing your body physically it can make Fibro symptoms exacerbate.

Anyway I hope you feel better and can get the treatement u need.One other thing is you should get your neck checked,if your having pain and electric shocks.Just make sure you tell the dr. so he can look into that.I don't know if you ever injured your neck,but it is something he can check also.

Good luck,

Sagey

Hi Briana,

Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry your experiencing these symptoms at your age.But we know now that Fibro does start at early ages.

I know you said your doctor doesn't believe in Fibromyalgia.I would recommend for you to find another doctor.Some are just not willing to educate themselves on new diseases.Fibromyalgia is a medical diagnosis,and Rheumatologist are drs that are able to diagnose Fibro.So that might be your best bet .I know it's hard to find a dr,on this forum.if you search there are some resources about physicians on here.I also like to use a place online that I'm able to search for physicians in my area and also see what they specialize in and there education.It also tells I what insurance and diagnosis he treats.Its called Healthgrades.com and I've found a lot of different drs on there.Just a suggestion.

Like the other ladies said, you need to rest and eat nutritious meals.Dont over stress your body and pace yourself. Take breaks in between strenuous activities.Fibro worsens with increased stress to the body.

Good luck and I hope you get the treatment u need!

Sagey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back