Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
US
State
IL
I'm having a flare. I don't think I need to describe how I feel - you've all been there.

I got up this morning, per usual, and did my morning Range of Motion Yoga (that I made up for myself).
I put on a Tiger Balm patch (which doesn't help, but hey, I'll try anything)
I took 2 tramadols
I took a Rx strength ibuprofen
I took my Cymbalta.

I'm at work and I have a moist heating pad that I heat up in the microwave.

I'm not going to be able to get into my rheumatologist until end of February. I did find a chiro and my new insurance covers it - so I made an appt for Saturday morning.

I feel like that's the best I can do for now. What are your go-to coping mechanisms to get you through the day? I'll try just about anything that I can do from my office desk.

I am taking gabapentin (500mg twice a day), tramadol (100mg once a day), citalopram (40mg once a day) and I supplement Vitamin D, turmeric and I am looking into B vitamin injections. Some days, this covers it for me. Other days, I can't move very well at all and I'm in a lot of pain with fevers. I've found a hot shower can sometimes help, but sometimes it can be real agony! So it's really a roll of the dice what works, I feel. A lot of people seem to do well with tramadol, though. It gives me a good sense of energy as well, but it can make some folks drowsy.

My doctor suggested Vitamin D and B12 to try and help with energy. She suggested eating foods that contain it rather than supplements, because of absorption issues. As some of us know, fibro/CFS can cause gastroperisis and that is just NOT a fun journey to go through having a tummy full of pills. I just started this recently, but I am hopeful that the vitamins will help a little with my energy levels. There's no quick fix, but hope is also an effective treatment I think! :)

You're not alone in this fight, which may be another treatment haha Commiserating and sharing -- that's why I joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back