Extreme joint cracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi all, is extreme joint cracking and joints popping in and out of the socket a sign of ALS?

I also have had NON STOP muscle fascilations all over my body for 3 months-everywhere, non stop. My joints are cracking to the extreme too.

I did have an EMG but it was at the start of all of this so maybe it was too soon?

Take a look at the fibromyalgia sites. Sounds more like it than ALS.

al.

I dont have the tender points that are used to diagnosed fibro :(

Is this a sign of ALS due to the muscles getting weak?

My EMG was clean but I may have gotten it too early?

Take a look at the fibromyalgia sites. Sounds more like it than ALS.

al.

Exacly. Some people with fibromyalgia do not have tenderpoints, but still experience fatigue / mental fatigue, sleep disturbances, twitching, and sore muscles ( sometimes like BFS ). Joint cracking is a common symptom there, aswell with BFS. Healthy people experience it aswell.. i remember a old friend walking next to me and i kept hearing cracks like someone was walking in the snow. I asked if he heard the same.. he laughed and said : those are my ankles that sometimes start to make those popping sounds for no reason.

You have more fibro symptoms than ALS symptoms. Count your blessings and see a fibro doc. EMG clean means no ALS for now.

AL.

Hi there, I wish it were fibro, however, 4 doctors have tested the pressure points and I have zero....

Hi there, I wish it were fibro, however, 4 doctors have tested the pressure points and I have zero....

Some believe BFS and fibro are related, because BFS and fibro both have these symptoms :

Twitching, sometimes widespread
Sore muscles
Exercise intolerance
Pains
Muscle fatigue
Pins and needles

People with fibro sometimes have allot of pains in their joints.

Remember that fibromyalgia is a package of unexplainable neurological symptoms.
Some people with fibro do not have tenderpoints, and some healthy people can have tenderpoints aswell without having fibro. However, the main problem with fibro is not the neurological symptoms, but disturbed sleep paterns that causes 'brain fog' and mental fatigue. BFS is also a unexplainable neurological condition and benign, just like fibro.. but usually with no disturbed sleep patterns.

Also,

Read this : http://www.neurology.wisc.edu/publications/07_pubs/Neuro_2.pdf

Its a very good resource.

It describes how some people with common, benign neurological complaints ( twitching, pains, pins and needles etc ) go search on the internet for a cause. They read something about MS or ALS and rush to a neurologist. nearly 70% of them have some underlying anxiety or a somatoform disorder ( where your mind creates physical complaints because of stress ) and do not have MS or any other neurological disease.

So you've seen 4 docs for fibro and 1 clean EMG so you must have seen at least 1 Neuro. They all say no fibro or ALS. THEY CAN'T ALL BE IDIOTS. You've got something it's not ALS so quit trying to get someone here to agree with you. You're starting to sound like one of the non listeners. You won't believe anything anyone tells you so why bother asking. You'll keep this up until people just stop answering. You've got something. NOT ALS, you've got more symptoms of another illness but chose to believe you've got the killer disease. A positive attitude will help with any disease. Being positive you have ALS is not the way to go.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back