Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, The replies that have come in are so sad, just to hear all the people trying to cope with having a job. We have all tried are best and are still trying to keep our jobs. Gently hugs!

Wow😟 Hope something else works out for you!

If you still have hold of your job despite having being diagnosed with such a horrible condition then I am genuinely very admiring of you, because it is not an easy thing to do. It helps, I feel, if you have a good working relationship with your boss/manager, who understands about your condition, and can perhaps grant a small amount of time off here and there if you need it. If your manager is not on your side then it makes things a lot harder. It is also good to let people who you are working with know exactly what it is that you're dealing with, because doing so means that you're likely to get a lot more help than you otherwise would have done, which of course is no bad thing at all.

Suffering from fibro or any disorder or disease and having to earn and even worse having to provide for a family is very difficult. Just taking care of myself is difficult enough.

Finding out I have Fibro actually set me free. Free in the essence that I'm Not making this up. I've talked about fibromialga to family this last couple weeks
Generally I get this look like your using this for an excise. No way, it's actually stopping my ability to be productive, my house is falling apart, we can't afford a house keeper, it's so humiliating.
EVERYTHING FIBER IN MY BEING WANTS 54 IS TO STOP. I need a miracle.
PEACE OUT. ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz.

I work full time still. Everyone I work with knows what I have. Some days when I come in I look like the walking dead. So I just sit at my desk and work. They understand why my productivity is lower, but still accurate. The worse time is in winter. And my company has been so awesome! I needed a special desk chair, I got. I requested a desktop scanner/printer, I got it. I think that really helps me to want to come to work, even on bad days.

If you still have hold of your job despite having being diagnosed with such a horrible condition then I am genuinely very admiring of you, because it is not an easy thing to do. It helps, I feel, if you have a good working relationship with your boss/manager, who understands about your condition, and can perhaps grant a small amount of time off here and there if you need it. If your manager is not on your side then it makes things a lot harder. It is also good to let people who you are working with know exactly what it is that you're dealing with, because doing so means that you're likely to get a lot more help than you otherwise would have done, which of course is no bad thing at all.

It is very hard to find a supervisor that understands an illness and cuts an employee slack for it. The last job I had was terrible. The manager wouldn't ever let me have any time off due to me being salary - she thought I was supposed to work 365 days per year. I got burned out and started having debilitating migraines. I don't wish that on my worst enemy.

Personally i dont beleive giving up on work should be the bet solution.In as much as there are challenge that may arise and the need to take occasional day off if you fortunate to have a good working environment i believe that with it things will b a little bit more easier.

I think that answer might not be according to reality joshua, some people just are in so much pain they simply can't cope with work, it's that hard believe me.

I have had problems keeping a job since I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 5 years ago. I have tried for disability twice in the past 13 years and have lost, and even though I have many conditions that prevent me from working, not just the Fibromyalgia, the courts will not do the right thing when it comes to me getting the disability that I need. I am attempting my third try for disability next month and after that, I will be done with the system that claims to care about justice and helping people who need it. I am 49 years old today and I just keep getting jobs and than losing them because of my conditions. The pain and anxiety that I have on an everyday basis is chronic and will only get worse as I age. I do all the right things that I should to ward off as many flares as I can, but it's not enough. I guess I will just have to keep getting jobs and losing them until another answer comes into play for me.

Kerin49 So sorry to hear you where denied, Don't stress over working I did the same thing and it can put you in the Hospital. Your health comes first! We are always going to get looks from people that don't believe us. But be strong and don't let them make you feel bad for being ill. Fibromyalgia is different for everyone, some don't have to quit there jobs. While others have no choice but to do so. The most important thing is your Health. Gently Hugs

the truth on ground is that it may not be easy to combine a job with this ailment because it is quite a peculiar one but the fact still remains that if you really want to excel with your job with this ailment there are certain challenges you have to overcome

I understand. I am coming up to that crossroad myself. I have missed a lot of work and they are very close to replacing me. Very stressful. Hang in there. Gentle hugs.

I understand, I am coming to that crossroad myself. My job already told me that if "this" didn't smooth out they are going to have to replace me. I have never been let go from a job. It is very stressful. Hang in there.

Most people, have a hard time working, sometimes, you can no longer control how you are feeling, sometimes the pain is too much to be able to go to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back