Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2018
Country
US
State
TX - TEXAS
This has probably been posted before but who all has very very painful joint issues and does NOT have RA or OA? Mostly Elbows to hands and fingers..

I just want to know its not only me.. :-x:-:)shock:

Sometimes its so painful I don't want to move.

The major pain(flare ups?) comes and goes in a few min, sometimes hours - but its always painful. (if that makes sense)

I'm still getting used to the terminology of everything - now that I know for sure I have fibro.

I have also regular pain around and inside the elbow joints, and the joints and tendons of hands and fingers. It’s common for people with fibromyalgia (especially in the tendons around the joints) because there are a plenty of tendons in these regions, and the trigger points around the elbows belong to the major trigger points of fibromyalgia.

I don’t have osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis, but I’ve been diagnosed with chondromalacia in my knee joints. Because it costs a lot of money to check all the mobile joints by diagnostic imaging, only one of my knees has been checked by MRI. Still, I believe I have chondromalacia in many other joints besides my knees because I have similar symptoms for example in my elbow joints and ankles.

In fibromyalgia, the pain is indeed usually present almost all the time; ranging from mild to severe pain. One day it can be more severe for example in the muscles of your arms and another day you can feel the pain most clearly anywhere else, for example in your fingers.

When experiencing a flare, your symptoms that already exist are worsening, so you feel significantly increased pain (compared to what you consider normal pain), and your other symptoms (for example mental symptoms) can also exacerbate. It’s very individual how long the flares last. The flares can last from days to weeks. Often people with fibromyalgia experience some obvious fluctuation during a day, but that is not considered a flare, unless the worsening of symptoms lasts a little bit longer (for example if you can still feel the increased pain the next day).

I think we have chatted before. My hands yesterday were ridiculous with joint pain. Better today, but for the first time my elbows are feeling the throb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back