Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2001
Country
US
State
PA
I'm so upset. I just went to a chronic pain dr. who told me I don't have Fibromylagia because it started with one area of my body and then spread. He said, "it doesn't work that way!"I just have depression and I should see a psychologist. He didn't ask me any questions or do any tests just decided that I was not actually in as much pain as I am reporting. Now I will probably get a 500 dollar bill for that five minutes of crap :( My primary sent me to him because she wasn't sure how to treat Fibro pain. Now what do I do?

Hi,

I'm so sorry this is going on. What a jerk! Can you see a rheumatologist? They can better assess your symptoms and get you help. I've come to the conclusion that fibro has no rules, and everyone has different types of symptoms. I was told I have so much inflammation that can't be fibro related, but pain is a direct result of inflammation. Plus, I have every symptom of this horrible disease, so yes, I do have it, and was finally diagnosed my a doctor that had experience with it.

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back