Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
PA
I just was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or any input.

I was experiencing increasing pain symptoms and I went to a doctor (my doctor did not have appointments). He did some blood work and later that week my PCP diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. I was frustrated that the doctors did not do any more tests to rule out other possibilities. I wanted to be certain, so I went to a rheumatologist. He did a few blood tests, but also diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. I do not believe that what I have is solely fibromyalgia.

Symptoms:
nausea
dizziness
lightheaded
disorientation (I run into things often even when I see them)
pins and needles in random body parts
sharp pain down spine, neck, jaw, wrists, and legs
burning sensation in legs and arms when walking inclines or steps especially
fatigue
sore muscles
migraines and headaches
inconsistent bowels
urinary incontinence on occasion
weakness in hands (often shakes as well)
Difficulties thinking and processing simple problems (like there is something blocking my thoughts)
Sensitivity to bright lights (puts me to sleep and makes me exhausted)
Digestion problems (undiagnosed, but has often caused me to get sick from food with no consistency. Lactose Intolerant, but oils, meat, and other food have randomly caused problems, but not consistently the same foods)
Sensitivity to medicines (ADHD medicines caused me to not be able to stand and another caused me to not be able to digest any food and I lost 20 pounds) and numerous allergies
Frequent Rashes

I do have an anxiety disorder and depression. I used to lose 5-10 pounds randomly, but with zoloft and serequel, I seem to have plateaued weight wise.

I cannot lift or do any work that requires me to raise my hands over my head. My arms get week and start to burn. I start to overheat, turn red, and see black and bright spots in my vision.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Every doctor seems to not listen to my concerns and my work has threatened to force me to take a medical leave. I cannot afford to keep going to doctors and be sent away.

From the symptoms you have mentioned I would say in all kindness accept your diagnose and try to start learning how to manage your symptoms. If you have something else wrong it will someday show up in your bloodwork or other tests that are normally run. We all tend to run from the diagnose of fibro, not accepting the chance that the doctors are right. If you take time to read through the forum you will find many others who are fighting against this illness, instead of learning how to manage and deal with it by using member offered coping skills.

The hardest part of any illness is dealing with the symptoms by dividing each out and learning ways to combat the problems it causes you in your daily life. But when you learn you become stronger and can face any illness because you now will have a plan of success and be braver for it.
So read and ask questions and join in on the talking about medications and handling the pain and other weird feelings. Being a member here is going to give you the knowledge to face whatever comes your way if you take stock of all the free advice. :)

It sounds like it could be fibro , did they test for lupus and ms? Those are usually standard things they rule out I think? I would suggest helping a journal/log of how you feel each day and then present that to the Dr, that will help both of you see the whole picture.

I have almost every symptom you have listed, plus more. It's not uncommon for fibro sufferers to also have IBS and other bowel issues. I have Celiac Disease. If you are still having problems with some foods, maybe should ask to get tested for that. It may alleviate some symptoms, or just go on a gluten free diet and see if it helps any. You can Google 200+ symptoms of fibromyalgia and get a huge list of symptoms. They are different from person to person, but everything you listed seems to be fibro related. Don't give up, though, if you feel something else may be going on, too. That little voice in your head is usually right. I think I have more going on as well. I'm trying to get to the bottom of it. I know I have fibomyalgia and I do my best with meds and vitamins and heating pad, etc. to manage it. But, my gut says there is more. If you can't afford more doctors as you say, you can still manage with heat, warm baths, herbals, massage, changing your diet, and anything else you can think of. Start a pain diary and right down what you eat and see if you find any trends in foods, weather, activity, etc. so you can learn your triggers.

All of the symptoms you mention are listed along with others (fibro) on the paperwork I got from the Pain management clinic.
You have some I don't have.,,i.e. headaches...i have had testing from a neurologist because of the tingling, stabbing, numbing
on and on with my legs and feet. I have been told I had lupus from regular MD because i have Reynauds phenoninum, extreme
reaction to cold. Other symptoms resemble MS, I have those but it is fibro with mimics those diseases. Some have been shocking,
like one week I broke 5 glasses and 2 cups, it is one of the symptoms of fibro...clumsiness, out to balance, running into walls
lots of weird symptoms but I was glad to find out what it is, not just me.
good luck

I have alot of those same issues, Last week I almost fell in a patients lap.....twice! I run into the corner alot and often forget things. Im thinking is almost time to get out of the medical field!

It sounds like you could have fibro, but if I was you I definitely ask the doctor to get a MRI of your spine done. Mine was and still is causing me weird sensations in my arms and legs. To be exact left arm and leg. If you are not happy with your diagnosis, then feel free to get a third one. It's your right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back