Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2013
Country
NZ
State
Marlborough
I find my self getting upset a lot. Over the littlest things sometimes.

Could it be fibro related?

I was diagnosed nearly 2 years ago, and i find that I don't really have anyone to talk to about it. People are sympathetic but they don't really get it.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Hi there. I think it's easy to get upset when you're dealing with chronic pain and have no support system. Welcome to a great place where people totally understand fibro.

Now that I have come to terms with my new fibro life, I am less frustrated. I recently saw my counselor for a "tune-up," which helps me immensely. She works with folks with chronic pain and is terrific at helping me problem solve. Perhaps that would help you as well if you are able to afford counseling. I find that just talking with someone who is not enmeshed in my life helps so much. Look for someone who does cognitive behavioral therapy, which is basically a method of evaluating your life and coming up with new ways to that help you manage pain, stress, anxiety and all the other crap that comes with fibro.

So, rant and rave here and read old posts to find out how others have learned to live better with fibro. I wish you well. Hugs.

Ness, youve come to the right place. we do understand and care! please post and reply to posts. it helps you and others here. one person you might what to message is PJ. she has had it over 30 years. she is also looking for someone to chat with her too. at anytime you can private message, loftpat,forgetmenot,onward&upward and myself. we are all here for you... sorry if i missed your name folks.

like loftpat said, pain all the time will make that and other things happen to you.
Friends and family mean well and just dont understand. you can tell them its like a headache, you cant see it or prove it but its there and it hurts.
you can also use a clothes pin and have them wear it as long as they can. when they take it off, you can say i have that pain all the time but i cant take it off. its is also a good way to find out who really cares and who is just putting on a show for you.

loftpat gave you some good advise too. your in control of your life. do what you can to make it as pain free as you can.

lookig forward to our chats.

Thank you for your advice. My mum also has fibro, but I find that when I try and talk to get about it, she turns it around and makes it about her. My doctor put me on antidepressants, to try and help me sleep better, but they didn't help. I don't want be taking pain medication all the time either. It s a daily struggle, and I am learning to get through it. It is just really hard at times, especially at work. I can't take time off our go home if I am in pain. I just have put up with it.
I have a new doctor, and he has no idea what fibro is, which makes things difficult also.

It's just so good to be able to talk to someone who k owe about it and knows how I feel.
Thank you again.

I get that way sometimes as well. My husband will ask me if I need a bran muffin. Ha! Ha! No, seriously if I am having a bad pain day I can become very irritable in a matter of seconds if things aren't going my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back