DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WA
Hi everyone,

I developed fibro gradually from 2009 - 2012. In the fall of 2012 I got it under control effectively by seeing a great massage therapist in the Vancouver (Canada) area. Recently I moved to the Seattle area and A: have a new (worse) bed, and B: am having trouble finding a good massage therapist. I have so must muscle tension, and I'm getting married on Thursday, and I'm just breaking down crying in frustration because I know if I could only see a good massage therapist I could feel so much better. Low and behold there are a lot of really bad massage therapists out there .... who either don't help at all or make you feel worse. I benefit from targeted treatment of common places of muscle tension, with a fairly large amount of pressure. Can anyone please recommend someone in the Seattle area? I'm willing to drive an hour in any direction to find relief! :(

I'm not in your area, but on West Coast in So Cal. Down here we have a multitude of alternative/holistic healers. I would think Seattle area has a lot of alternative health workers too. If I were in your position, I would go online and find massage businesses and private massage therapist and make calls and let them know what you need and don't want in a massage. You need to start somewhere. I've done massage for many years of my life but at this point not doing much. I do use a theracane on my shoulders to break up what seems to be knots. Good luck and happy marriage. J

I'm not in your area, but on West Coast in So Cal. Down here we have a multitude of alternative/holistic healers. I would think Seattle area has a lot of alternative health workers too. If I were in your position, I would go online and find massage businesses and private massage therapist and make calls and let them know what you need and don't want in a massage. You need to start somewhere. I've done massage for many years of my life but at this point not doing much. I do use a theracane on my shoulders to break up what seems to be knots. Good luck and happy marriage. J

Thank you! I started calling around and found 1 therapist so far that actually has fibro herself, so I'm feeling hopeful about that possibility. I also just took some Ativan to help calm my nerves as I know that just exacerbates my fibro flares.

Thanks for your post and well wishes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back