Dreams , lots of crazy dreams , what kind of crazy dream do you suffered from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
reviving this thread, mostly to ask: are you taking magnesium supplements? I didn't know this, but just learned that vivid dreams are a common side effect of magnesium supplementation (and it's aparently supposed to help you sleep better, but crazy dreams make me feel like I've been running around all night).
There must be something to it, because the other night I tried increasing my supplements (have been taking a half dose) and felt like I'd been severely drugged, vivid dreams all night, still half asleep and slurry and fibro pain in full swing. Maybe for most people the dreaming is a good thing, but that + fibro + drugs might mean things get thrown into overdrive. I think I'll stick to my usual dose for now, and try increasing again another time and see what happens.

Oh, but the crazy dreams still keep coming regardless. Also, always wake up having sweat through my undies (should add that to the list of "embarassing things")

Sleep tight!

I only take magnesium once a month at best when I need it ( mostly during period) I'm off every med there is cause my body don't agree with most of it still nice I suffer most of the side effects. Yet crazy dream still haunting me along with undies sweat ( why there ? I have no idea) . Fluttering heart beats lately is making me nervous when I woken up from those dreams. I can't tell reality from dream at least almost an hour after I'm awake even when I know it's crazy and no way I could be real and I'm losing mine mind thinking that it is. But I found my self often arguing in my head continuing with what I was dreaming about. Then spent another hour yelling in my head to get over it. :?

I had sleep paralysis as well for a year. It was really awful. Every time I hear about people's nightmares or describe one of my own, I always get the same response - that my nightmares are way, way beyond the normal subject matter of common nightmares.

So true. ( sorry took me awful so long to reply to your post)

@ Pegleg84 - That's interesting about the effect of magnesium. I too take magnesium but my nightmares happened long before I started taking it. It would be really nice if it made me feel drowzy and sleepy because I have a real hard time with sleep. I wake up every 90mins, fully awake for at least 5-10 minutes in between. My pain wakes me up frequently as well. But that's just the bitter pill we all have to swallow, isn't it?

@ Pegleg84 - That's interesting about the effect of magnesium. I too take magnesium but my nightmares happened long before I started taking it. It would be really nice if it made me feel drowzy and sleepy because I have a real hard time with sleep. I wake up every 90mins, fully awake for at least 5-10 minutes in between. My pain wakes me up frequently as well. But that's just the bitter pill we all have to swallow, isn't it?

It's funny that most doctors seems to always say that if you can fix your sleep problems you might have a chance of turning around your fibromyalgia. But how would I do that when I have no control over it? Light therapy is doing nothing for me. Actually I just found out that do to my randomly sudden potassium deficiency it can be the cause of my crazy nightmares, sleep disturbances, sleep paralysis , fluttering heart, hallucination ( I had that happen to me twice very freaky) , emotional problem and anxiety . So tonight I'm dosing up my potassium and see what'll happen.

The magnesium thing I thought might just be a contributing factor, because I've definitely had the crazy dreams both on and off it, though definitely moreso on it. Maybe not taking right before bed will help (will report back on that). Not sure what my potassium is like these days, but probably a good reason to buy some bananas...
And yeah, WTF with the butt sweat?? No fun waking up in the middle of the night from a crazy dream to find you're laying in a damp spot...

... And yeah, WTF with the butt sweat?? No fun waking up in the middle of the night from a crazy dream to find you're laying in a damp spot...

Right? I don't sweat at all in the day during heat , in fact I don't sweat at all in the heat do to hyperhidrosis. I can only feel like I'm sweating in steam heat with condensation water on my skin. However for the odd weird reason I can or at least I think I can sweat only nightsweat but then again it doesn't happen anywhere but my undies area . Not the kind of wet dream I was hoping for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back