What is your hobby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love to write. I find a lot of joy in knowing I can escape and make my own fantasy come to life!

I guess I'm one of only a few women who has tarantulas ,it comes from a fear as a child then one day at the age of 21 I brought one to over come my fear, ended up with 7 .lol but now at 41 I have only just been able to pick up giant house spiders. Here in the uk there the fastest spider in the world .
There's a bit like keeping fish apart from one I have the rest u don't really hold.its more so the spider don't get hurt then that there's nasty.most ppl believe they can kill u ,there's never been a report of a death but tarantula bite.when I'm very stressed I like to hold my chillie rose hair as I have to be very gentle with her I claim down and relax a lot 😃

Cooking
When I developed fibro really bad (and didn't know what was wrong with me) I did lose my passion for cooking but alas it has been ignited again.
Going to fashion shows (is that really a hobby? although I feel too icky to go to them now).
Dining out
Playstation

I really need hobbies!

I have an Ebay store and I love estate sales and thrifting to find treasures for my store. I also love collecting, making cards, painting, decorating, my dog, reading, movies, bible studies, traveling (hard to do these days). I used to love cooking but don't have the energy any more.

I love crossstich as well, reading, watching reality TV:)

My 2 Dogs are very high to Maintain, so spending at least 9 hrs a week with them brushing and grooming.
I love them like my own Kids.

Moe1959,
I'm on a good site for dog lovers called dogsey, come join in the chat.its not mine and I don't work there before anyone thinks I'm touting.

I have a great many hobbies: I airbrush(terribly but I have always loved it), wood carving and burning, polymer clay crafting and bead making, I read every Fiction book I can afford or borrow, I bake, grill/smoke, cooking in general has always been my greatest passion. I make Jams/Jellies, sauces and pickle vegetables and can them. (I mostly give them away as gifts or to people I know or meet that have come on hard times) I make jerky. I love computer games, my wife, I and soon my oldest son play on the xbox one together. I enjoy photography and I write, but in secret, I have several novel length stories I've written but just can not bring myself to have anyone read them, lol. All of my hobbies are pretty much on hold, between, my depression, my pain and lack of time a min. 50-70 hour work week ,dr. apts and giving my wife and children what ever energy I have left.

I am trying to put together a recipe book. It is going very slowly.

Last edited:
awesome that you have lots of hobbies! My hobby is drawing that is what i do in all my spare time, when I am not in pain lol..... It is good though it distracts the mind and relieves stress!

Lyndsey

I love listening to music and getting into new bands. My favorite is 'Coheed and Cambria'. They are not for everyone but this has been one thing consistent in my life since this all started. So I appriciate a few moments of just listening to music. I have a notebook I dabble different lyrics from songs I have come across over the years. It gives me distraction. Sometimes I write my own. But I don't share them. I occasionally will draw or paint but it depends on the pain Im in. I noticed I recently have an addiction to growing Christmas cactus's. I have 9 of them. I like growing new plants but they all die. The cactuses I guess are all unkillable.

Like I said I like to write in my notebook of words, poems or songs that inspire me

Alone in the room, TV on
Like the white screen his life's gone
A moving shell, a wandering ghost
A shadow of a man who nobody knows
He hardly speaks when you say his name
He's just embarrassed to say
Anything to anyone
In his mind there's no way out

He said he wants to die
He wonders how anyone survives
Being overlooked and trite

As seasons change
And trees grow bare
His reflection's a stranger
Back it won't stare
It's like everybody else
Just too busy for his simple self

He walks 13 blocks to the city's cross
Puts dust on his knees
Prays for a god that doesn't leave
It's lonely here in h**l
He prays to be somebody else
In his mind there's no way out

In the sand he sinks to his knees
Mobile world around, just out of reach
Tears rolling down his cheeks
He has to believe, believe in himself

Put up, hold out
Break down, scream loud
Wave fists, and shout
It's done
It's done
Now stand tall, prove all
Push on, now you see
It's your life, It's your fight
Live free, don't hide
You've got to believe

Scrapbooking, crafting, reading, crochet, knitting, and a tiny bit of gardening, without these hobbies, I would be insane, and may be any way and don't know it yet.

I used to love to bowl. When i was in HS i was in a bowling league. Other then that i write movie scripts. Been doing that since i was 14 and i am now 32. I love to write horror scripts and Christian scripts. But lately it's been hard for me to do that. I also love to make youtube videos. I

There are lots of interesting people here!
I used to ride and train horses, but don't have one right now. I have two small terriers which take a lot of my time. I am also caring for my boyfriend who has terminal cancer.
I love to sew and would like to write.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back