Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2015
Country
US
State
MO
If I get up and do something, it doesn't even have to be something hard, I always end up paying for it the next day or 2. I feel horrible because I would love to go with my family to the park or the amusement park but I know if I do I am going to be in an significant amount of pain following it. I take pain meds but I just don't want to live my life on drugs.

Yes a lot of us do, mostly I feel it not long after I have done something.some days I really pay for a busy day.but if I do nothing at all I feel worse .
I go stiff and sore and I feel like I have the flu.

Same here. Just doing the weekly laundry (about 5 large loads) takes 2 days to recoup. Ibuprofen helps a little but my energy is totally drained. I hope and pray researchers find answers for fibromyalgia sufferers. I'm really tired of it! Hang in there😁

yes we all have to pay. thats why we suggest that you keep moving all the time. if you do, then your muscles will build and not send so many messages to the brain to send pain. remember to take the hot shower as soon as you get home from a long hard day.
you need to spend time with the family. to do this you need the workouts and the drugs, come to terms with the drugs. as you get used to moving you can
reduce the drugs. you are in control. do the things you need to do to spend the time with the kids. its kinda like getting ready for the new summer bathing suite. good luck and keep working them muscles.

Yes, I went blackberry picking the other day and saw some big berries off the beaten trail. So I waded through thorny bushes and ferns and fallen logs to pick them. The berries were good, but the terrible muscle pain and spasms I had that night and the next morning made me know that from now on I better stick to the open flat trail and leave the others to the bears. lol :)

For me it is very important to find this true balance-not to hurt myself. I walk as long as I can every day BUT as soon as I feel pain in my left leg( it works as indicator) :) I take a break,sit on a bench,relax. Then I continue my walk. If I feel myself not very good in the evening I will reduce walking time the next day.
Keep moving and be patient with your body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back