DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1996
Country
US
State
New Hampshire
Hello everyone,
I have had fibromyalgia since 1996. I am the mom of seven children and began having some symtoms in 1986 after the birth of my son but wasn't diagnosed til 96. I get horrible chronic migraines also and have a hard time sleeping.

On 3/25 I was in a car accident. I was rear ended at a red light. I got whiplash and since that day have had an on going headache, neck pain and both lower and upper back pain. I work part-time as a nanny. I do this work because I can only handle working part-time hours.

My new doctor (my insurance just changed) who I have only seen once sent me to physical therapy after the accident. PT is something that I have tried a couple of other times since my fibro diagnosis and always ended badly. I told her that but she wanted me to try. I went yesterday and today I was dying. The headache caused me eye to close and run and I threw up. Which made it impossible to hold my imitrex down so I had to use the nasal spray instead. So I called the dr. and told her what happened and she told me I need to work on getting my migraines under control. That I am still young (55) and will be in trouble if I don't figure out a way to fix this. LOL I have tried everything and anything in the almost 20 yr.s I have been suffering. I had finally gotten to a place where I could live with them (exercise, good meds and eating right etc.) then I got in this stupid accident.

I'm really mad. Was wondering what you all think..............My neurologist is very understanding, as he also suffers from migraine. I feel that unless you have had the pain of a migraine you just can't understand.

Thanks in advance for any input,
Pam

Hi Pam, welcome, we are glad to meet you

I would be mad at your doctor too if I were in your shoes. She is ignoring your own experience with your body and then blaming you when what she prescribed made things worse. That's disrespectful.

Being mad isn't usually helpful though. Sometimes asking questions can help, or having a few stock phrases worked out. One of my favorites is "nevertheless". For example "Nevertheless I need treatment for my pain, and PT is only making it worse." or "Nevertheless I need a treatment plan I can follow."

Anyway I hope that helps somewhat. Please feel free to ask questions, share advice or just vent. This is a friendly group :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back