Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/1989
Country
US
State
Wisconsin
I have had FMS/ME/CFS since 1989. But for the past 3 months I've had a FEVER of 101-103 degrees Farenheit. Yes I am in mid-flare.

I've been on 2 rounds of antibiotics because my bloodwork shows elevated White Blood Count so my family doc was thinking I had some sort of infection. But no luck so far and now I refuse anymore antibiotics as they have given me thrush in my mouth and thrown my whole GI tract off-kilter, now I'm on OTC pro-biotics to fix the problem the antibiotics caused...

Other factors: positive C-reactive protein (indicates general inflammation,) and elevated SED rate, indicating the same, inflammation. Duh I have fibro, of course I'm a walking case of Inflammation!

Anyway I'm getting so tired of waking up soaked in sweat and needing to change my bed in the middle of the night. So tired of having the chills and/or sweats during the day, tired of taking OTC preparations to lower fever, which will only lower it to 101 degrees. Yes that is better than 103 but not by much.

Has anyone else had a fever with their diagnosed? I now am supposed to start ALL OVER AGAIN with a new doc, an "infectious disease doc" and I am feeling like the fever will never end and that I'm going backwards as far as getting a diagnosed. I'm so tired of laying in bed feeling like crap! If anyone else has mysterious fevers, PLEASE let me know!

Karmakitten

I don't relate, so I have no thoughts on the fever issue. I'm sorry you're going through it though! I do suggest checking all your medications in case it is a side effect. Are you feverish during the day? Night sweats are a common side effect of some drugs.

What I can suggest is sleeping on a couple of large towels. When you soak through one, just remove it instead of replacing bedding. Also, could you keep a cooler by your bed and fill it with ice packs or cold cloths? You could rotate them throughout the night if you're waking up.

Sorry to hear you are going thru this, it sounds awful! Sadly there isn't much I can say about this other than maybe trying to see another doctor? Getting a second opinion would be a great idea. By the way, I'm not new to antibiotics use... since I suffer from recurrent UTI's (or so it seems). So I know how harsh those meds are on the body.

I'd like to ask you something... have you noticed if your lymph nodes are swollen? The ones located in the neck? armpits? Somewhere else, maybe? Most lymph nodes are located on the jaw and neck area, have you gotten checked for that? We have some on the pelvic area, as well as near the elbows, a good doctor should be able to detect those. It's obvious your body is trying to fight something, I truly hope you get answers soon! Best of luck and please keep us posted!

Wow this must really suck. I know when I get fevers I am miserable. I would suggest taking some type of fever reducer. Look at some of the side effects of you medication to see if it is the cause of it. If not then try some natural remedies. I like to use coconut oil. A teaspoon a day keeps me from developing a fever or any other type of infection. Hope you get better.

Nope. Fevers aren't a symptom of mine. I didn't know that they were a symptom anyway. Are you sure you don't have another disease? You should check the doctor. Good luck!

Just wondering have you been checked for Lupus or Lyme Disease, both of them can cause infections and fevers. Otherwise not knowing how old you are any chance some of this is change of life symptoms. If your infection is not improving you might need a different medication. Also sometimes medications cause reactions or allergic reactions, that can cause weird side effects. You need to discuss this with your family doctor or your Rheumat ologist, in hopes that the cause of your fever can be found. :)

I don't experience fevers either. In fact, I'm the opposite. I had a fever the first time, in who knows how long, last year. I remember thinking, "so this is what a fever feels like." I didn't even get a fever when I had cellulitis (a few times) and infectious bursitis.

I do get night sweats from time to time though. I've always had high ESR and C-reative protein rates too. I've always attributed that to the mixed connective tissue disease though.

Gee thanks to all of you for your thoughts. Consensus is that it's not the fibro, ok can deal with that. Going to see my rheumatologist and my brand-shiny-new-Infectious Disease doc this coming week and next. I will keep you all posted as to the findings, etc. To reply to the above posts, I have been checked for lupus but not lyme. Will look into that with Inf D Doc thanks. Still running a fever of about 100-101 during the day, which spikes to 102/103 at night. Thanks to you innovative people I'm now sleeping on towels which when wet at night I change. Sweating isnt as big a deal when you dont have to change an entire bed! :) Thanks again everyone, hopefully soon I'll get to the bottom of this problem.

Karmakitten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back