Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IRL
State
Wexford
Just got diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.I don't know if I have it for sure or if the Neurologist was just guessing cause he had no clue what was wrong with me.They say I have to do one more test,electrical something or other?

My brief history is that ive always suffered from depression,or a tightness in my brain over the years and I would always be so tired,physically and mentally.But I coped with it.

around 4 years ago I started to get a pain in the bottom of my back,i was sure I had cancer or something.This pain was accompanied by stiff neck and awful headaches,which made the depression seem good when compared to it.

Again I could cope with it although it was awful...In October 2014 I got very sick felt like I was dying,pains down the back of my back and I couldn't turn in bed or the pain would be overwhelming.I couldn't breathe and went to doc and he sent me to hospital with suspected Pneumonia.Hospital did xrays and sitting there unable to breathe they said there was nothing on the x ray.I couldn't catch a breath and they said "nothing wrong?"

Over the following months I was in awful agony and lowness,just pains and aches all over...It felt like I was dying...Now they levelled out over time ,after visit to doc she prescribed LYRICA which seemed to help.

As the months went by the feeling of all over awfulness eased but what was left is what I have now which varies from 3 or 4 pain to 7 or 8.

+Every second week feels like I have cold,runny nose etc,sore lungs
+back of breastbone and shoulder on left side in total agony especially when it flares up
best describe as a dull ache,hard to describe
+Constant stiff neck which gets worse as it flares up.
+Headaches but eased by prescription of anti depressant
+Bottom of back total agony.
+hips sore,pins and needles in buttocks and knee and thighs throbbing pain most left side
+Hair falling out rapidly
+All my joints very sore to press..
+sometimes I feel like my feet are not hitting the ground+
+in morning get terrible cramps and what feels like acid in my mouth
+ gum recession
+Terrible bloating and wind.
+Always wrecked tired falling asleep as night goes on.
+Totally shattered on waking
+Id forget my head if it wasn't on my shoulders,forgetting everything
+sex drive gone
+My penis feels numb
+I don't seem to feel joy.If I win on a horse its "meh" if I lose its depression town?
+ MUscles all sore packed tight
+bloodshot eyes
+Muscles cramp at will whilst in bed
+twinging eyes,ie twitching
+Pins and needles in arms.
+

The funny thing is though I can play sport without much pain? but afterwards for days it flares up..Its just so frustrating.

I have to drive an hour a day to work,which is tough but coming home is the hardest,pins and needles and aches.

It really is an awful predicament made worst by the fact that people don't believe you cause you don't look sick..

My biggest fear is whats going to happen next.I am not afraid of dying but I am afraid of constant pain for the rest of my life.I feel terrible now but I am taking lyrica and Duloxetine.Which has helped my mood no end but the pains are never ending.

Sorry for boring you all,im going to read other peoples stories now,i still have to have 100 per cent confirmation that I have FIBROMYALGIA but it's good to know that you are not on your own.

Thanks all

Last edited:
Reading the other pages I get the impression that the sore areas are not actually injured,is that right? the brain just makes them seem like they are?
The physio says my muscles are all packed tight,im not sure how fibro would cause that?

The thing with the acid in mouth in morning,would that be cause my stomach muscles do not behave correctly and I get reflux or is it even acid or something from my mouth or gums.So frustrating.

Welcome, understand you 100 percent , and so will 99persent here.
I've learned over the years to do one thing.
Don't think about the future.because you will worry yourself sick, then you will feel more sick then you do already. And why live something this awful twice.
If you must worry about it and we all do, then try not to say omg how will I cope when I'm 70 bla bla bla. But say hay when I'm 70 they might of found a cure . Or a med that will give me a life back.
I said 70 as I have no idea how old u are lol.im assuming your not 70 even thought u prob feel it.
All u can do is take one day at a time.
I'm afraid unless u go purple and blue and look like a zombie from the walking dead no one and I mean no one will think there's anything wrong with you.
But here we do and we understand your depression sadness and the need to vent. So jump abroad the good ship titanic and bring some blow up arm bands as some days your gonna need them .

ha ha Forgetmenot,thanks for that..All aboard.... ps I am 43.

welcome to the group.

start learning about all the things that come with fibro.
Accepting that you have it is the first step. then learn as much as you can.
see my post starting a daily log book and why it helps.
then look at my post what is fibromyalgia. you can learn to help yourself.
find what triggers your pain.

you have a long way to go and you just found the forum that will help you.

Thanks cmetryme..Yes I have accepted it for sure...But it's great to be here to learn more and listen to peoples do and donts etc.

I thought this might help your breathing issues maybe. I too had issues with breathing and they claimed I had asthma. I have "laryngopharyngeal Reflux"(LPR) or also "Silent Reflux" It is when the acid from your stomach travels up to your esophagus. It can cause hoarseness in your voice, sore throat, respiratory symptoms, problems with your taste and when it really is flared I can get a headache from it! I take a lot of medicine for this. Many people do not know that Acid Reflux can cause these kind of symptoms. And once you start taking medicine for this like Nexium or Prilosec and when it is really bad or flared up I have to double up on the medicine, it takes many weeks to clear up and you will always have to take them. I have had this for 15 years and I deal with it all the time! And also they say people with Fibro have stomach issues. Hope you get to the right doctor and get some relief for yourself!

WTG scren!

good advise.. keep going. you are helping the folks here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back