DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
So I'm coming off tramadol.
I'm addict to it.sadly.even the small among I take if I miss a dose I feel ill.
I no il have to be weened off it.and Im Bloody mad I didn't no what this drug would do to me.
So I'm being put on gabby .my dr told me it is better then tramadol for Fibro. And when I told him I'd heard horror story's about it .he was t impressed,
So I said I'd give it ago. I can't be dependent oh this drug forever. God knows what will happen or what il take but I just can't bear the idea I'm a addict .
Anyone who no me knows I lost my brother to drugs.and the very idea of being told I'm addict is more horrid then I can bear.

Forgetmenot, sorry to hear you feel this way, I have been on tramadol years and on quite a large dose I too feel ill if I miss mine, but this is also the same with all the other meds I take for my fibro, any meds I come off I have to be weaned off, it's because the meds we take are quite strong, so don't feel bad about taking tramadol if it is a way of controlling your pain and it is under your doctors supervision then you will be okay, all these meds have different side affects and they affect everyone different, gabby might work for you and you might feel more relaxed about taking this than tramadol, I took gabby there are pre gabby and gabby, the synthetic one has less side affects, the one side effect I got was a sweet tooth lots cream cakes, biscuits, couldn't get enough pudding, so I have no horror stories to tell , I'm sorry to hear about your brother, and understand your concerns but they are differences just stick with your doctors advice, and share your concerns with him/her take care,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back