Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
:-(I know what to do for a migraine, I've had them since I was 5 yrs old. But when they last for 5 days I get real tired and fed up-if I had any energy I'd scream. I've never understood people--like my sister--who say crying cleanses them, just gives me a migraine and sick stomach.

We had to shoot our dog Sunday. We live out in the mountains and she was in so much pain; pain pills didn't even help her. She was fine,(seemingly) one minute and the next she completely lost control of her rear end was flopping around on the porch. I'm glad we knew what it was; the end stage of Cushing's disease, but we had only found out about it 2 weeks prior. I'm also glad I do a lot of reading up on things or I wouldn't have known what was happening. So instead of going to church that morning we buried our sweet Tess (Border Collie). It would have taken us more than an hour to get to a vet and as it was I had to tie her mouth shut as she was trying to bite us she was in so much pain, just to pick her up and get her outside. My husband is broken up about it too, he really loved her. He got stuck with the dirty work but made sure she didn't suffer more than necessary.

Well, short story long, I've had a migraine ever since-- and my legs never give me relief anymore-- and my knees are really acting up.

Last year I had 3 surgeries, in part ,as we were told our retirement insurance was getting cancelled at the end of the year and partly because I'm trying to deal with as many solutions to pain as I can. So I get both ankles fixed up and my thumb but there is always more. But now these can't be "fixed", it's the fibro.

You know something funny? We got a letter just before the end of the year telling us our insurance was going to continue for another year. At least the very long year of surgeries and rehab is over.

I am so sorry for the loss of your pup. Our furry friends give us so much. I know when I am having a bad day that snuggling with my cat, George, helps me relax. I hope you feel better soon and your memories bring you joy and not heartache. Hugs.

Oh, honey, I'm so sorry about your Tess. What a huge grief. That burden by itself would be heavy to carry, but coming at the end of a stressful, painful medical year is a lot. I wish I could do something to make it easier, but losing a loving fur family member is never easy. Lots of hugs, and hang in there.

Thank-you Loftpat and Corvid for your kind words. I was down the night I posted this, just needed to talk. It will be much easier to deal with Tess's death when I stop looking for her during routines like feeding, going out to potty, etc. I hesitate, then remember a split second later that she is gone. We had a great life together; she was my trail dog when I had horses, my buddy on a hike, my companion during a car trip. sweetest personality ever.

Ruralchick...so many dear friends are losing their beloved pets lately...so sorry for the loss of your sweet Tess. Our pets are our angels on earth and just represent pure love.....strong emotions always give me a bad headache because I am not good at processing them through....I hope your migraine is easing off...hugs!

Thank-you, JKerner59. Animals have always been a big part of my life. Just this afternoon, returning from town my husband voiced my exact feelings. As we walked up to the door he said, "I sure miss the little Tess". Normally she would be barking at us in excitement--no more.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a 17 year old kitty who is my lovebug. She is getting more "spacey" looks lately and her head shakes and twitches, but it doesn't seem to bother her. My vet laughs and calls her the "old gal" and says she probably has dementia. I can't imagine what it's going to be like without her and my heart breaks just reading your posts. Tess sounds like she was just the best friend ever. Keep your memories in your heart and I hope you can push aside those darn migraines. I have been getting them so much also and it really does wear on you. Hang in there.....Hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back