Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2015
Country
US
State
PA
So I just typed good detail of what Ive been dealing with and what ive tried tried but then deleted it! :evil: Im not doing that. Main question is what have you tried that seems to help the best? I know everyone is different but I dont know anyone with FM. So would like some opinions. Ive been prescribed Cymbalta which I have not started yet. I kind of told myself back in August that I wasnt going to take any prescription meds. But the depression is horrifying at times. Any questions about me just ask. Im just dont want to type a bunch of info if not needed. Thks for anything:wink:

Gosh everyone is so different...we are all individuals and it depends really on how badly your fibro affects you...are you able to get out and exercise or walk...some people are housebound or even in bed a lot others can still work.

Reducing stress and getting good sleep is very important although not easy as fibro brings so much stress of its own let alone other things coming along.

Do ask anything specific or read around this site for info.

I am newly diagnosed in January 2016 and am currently on 900mg gabapentin daily, 400mg of tramadol daily and wooing of paracetamol. I can say that those drugs combined for me have alleviated some of the pain but not all. Someone on these blogs suggested fibre supplements so might give that a go and also drinking camomile yes before bed time to help with me not being able to sleep. Also someone has mentioned hydromorph but going to do some research on the web about it as don't really know anything about it. I use a heat pillow at night to help with the pain in my head, neck and shoulders and have a heated electric blanket which can be soothing to the back and leg pain. Hope this helps Kiki. Xxx

Hi! I asked for Cymbalta and my doc gave me Savella about 3 years ago. I'd say it helps in that I feel much worse if I miss doses. Let us know how it goes ok?
LeAnn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back