Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2004
Country
US
State
IL
Hello. My name is Brenda and I was diagnosed with fibro in 2004. I have two children....2 teen children...my son is in high school and my daughter is in junior high.

My life with fibro has been very challenging as I have other medical conditions riding along with it. I think though the frequency of fibro flares and coexisting symptoms seems to be increasing. I like to try to be "normal" and pretend that I can still do all the things that I think I should (I have a big problem with "shoulds"), but I'm not doing so well at pretending any more. I am trying to embrace my limits and learn to say no and do self-care when needed.

I look forward to meeting others and chatting. :smile:

Hi Brenda, My name is Linda & I'm a mom of 2 teen children... my twin 14yr old sons started high school just a couple of weeks ago. Its been so stressful as they have Autism (altho they are high functioning), but new routines are tough.... I could say the same for myself, lol.

I was just diagnosed this past week with Fibro. I've been through a lot of pain the past year & 1/2... but it was moving around. A few months ago it landed in my shoulders and then spread throughout my back, neck & arms - and OMG the pain is unbearable. I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis - it showed up when the boys were born 14yrs ago but only stayed with me for 2 yrs before it went into a very long (and thankful) remission. I honestly thought the RA pain was bad, but its nothing compared to this. wow.
Anyway, now that i can put a name to this pain I am determined to fight it... problem is it just hits so hard. I have to learn everything new again... different ways to bathe, dress & take care of myself - while still taking care of my 2 boys.
I live in a remote area in Ontario and there are no support groups for fibro, so I'm hoping to get some good advice on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back