DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
EU
State
Earth
Hi,

Watching lots of videos on how to overcome hopelessness, dark thoughts, feeling of utter loneliness, I came upon this one task therapists and sufferers advise one to do.

The task is simple - look online every day for inspirational quotes and write them down in your journal. And go back to them as much as needed.

I thought instead of doing this only for myself, why not share it with a community who can also use uplifting, inspirational quotes on daily/hourly basis.

So I might be the only one posting, but I will post away anyway. Here is my first one;

'The most common way people give their power is by thinking they don't have any'

Alice Walker

This quote made me think of the many times I went to the doctor for fibro related issues or mental health issues, and came back feeling worse than when I went in. A doctor/therapist who does not get you, who does not listen to you, dismisses your symptoms. We have all been there. In fact, it is the #1 reason why I really have a hard time going to any doctor for any reason. This idea of they have power over me, my health is wrong. No I have power and this is my body. If you don't listen to me or want to help me, I will find someone who will, because I have the power to do so.

Lol that last one made me laugh so much Vicky.

Thank you :lol:

That's reminding me of a poster I've saw a while back. It was a drawing cartoon of a group of vibration massagers devices with smilely faces on all of them saying " This is gonna be a good day!" , " what a great day this is!" , " today will be the happy day" , and so on.

And the title name below of the picture was.

POSITIVE VIBES

:grin:LOL Good advice to my husband as I am in the midst of menpause.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."

—George Carlin

This one made me laugh quite a bit. George Carlin - a genius comedic mind.

Hi,

Watching lots of videos on how to overcome hopelessness, dark thoughts, feeling of utter loneliness, I came upon this one task therapists and sufferers advise one to do.

The task is simple - look online every day for inspirational quotes and write them down in your journal. And go back to them as much as needed.

I thought instead of doing this only for myself, why not share it with a community who can also use uplifting, inspirational quotes on daily/hourly basis.

So I might be the only one posting, but I will post away anyway. Here is my first one;

'The most common way people give their power is by thinking they don't have any'

Alice Walker

This quote made me think of the many times I went to the doctor for fibro related issues or mental health issues, and came back feeling worse than when I went in. A doctor/therapist who does not get you, who does not listen to you, dismisses your symptoms. We have all been there. In fact, it is the #1 reason why I really have a hard time going to any doctor for any reason. This idea of they have power over me, my health is wrong. No I have power and this is my body. If you don't listen to me or want to help me, I will find someone who will, because I have the power to do so.
I really needed to read this today. Thank you for your positivity an inspiration. We can never share enogh with one another. Andreap aka Andee

:grin:LOL Good advice to my husband as I am in the midst of menpause.
men-pause? lol maybe that is what is should be called. Menopause and fibro together are sooo not fun

Someone sent this to me today:

"When people talk about traveling to the past, they worry about radically changing the present by doing something small, but barely anyone in the present really thinks that they can radically change the future by doing something small."

Don't know who the quote is originally from, sadly.

Someone sent this to me today:

"When people talk about traveling to the past, they worry about radically changing the present by doing something small, but barely anyone in the present really thinks that they can radically change the future by doing something small."

Don't know who the quote is originally from, sadly.

I believe the original of the quote was

"When people think about travelling to the past, they worry about accidentally changing the present, but no one in the present really thinks they can radically change the future"

But i like the " something small " in your version better.

'I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "where's the self-help section?". She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.'

Another from Carlin

'Time spent with cats is never wasted'

Sigmund Freud

He got that one right - says me 'the crazy cat human' or 'the crazy human cat'! meowwww.....

Found this one it made me smile. :)

"Expecting life to treat you well because you are a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." Shari R. Barr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back