Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IN
About a year ago I started getting pain in my chest and my ribs. Then I started noticing I was getting really out of breath and was getting a really fast heart rate from doing simple activities such as walking up stairs. I had EKGs done and the doctors said nothing was wrong with my heart. I started getting pain in my legs mostly in the back of my left thigh, pain in my back mostly lower back on the sides, pain in my arms, pain in my neck, pain in my shoulders, pain in my feet, and headaches. Here recently I’ve noticed that my hands are shaking all the time, I get muscle twitches all over, and it’s hard to keep my head still. I also have really bad heartburn. Is this fibromyalgia or something different?

Mighthavefibro, Hi and welcome to the forum. While I can't say you have fibro there is always the chance you do. But your main focus should be how to manage these symptoms so that your life can improve while you wait on that diagnosis. So I am glad you joined the forum as our members understand what your going though and can offer you some ideas on self management of your aches and pains and also provide helpful encouragement along the way.

It sounds like your under a great deal of stress just by your symptoms, I am guessing. So try to slow down and pace yourself all chores do not need to get done in one day. The pain in your chest might be pain in the chest wall around the breastbone (or sternum) is the most characteristic feature of the condition known as costochondritis. ... Costochondritis refers specifically to inflammation of the cartilage that joins the ribs to the breastbone (called costal cartilages)

It is not caused by heart or lung problems. The inflammation may have been brought on by a blow to the chest, lifting heavy objects, intense exercise, or an illness that made you cough and sneeze. It often occurs during times of emotional stress. It can be painful, but it is not dangerous.

Muscle twitches caused by stress and anxiety are often called “nervous ticks.” They can affect any muscle in the body. Consuming too much caffeine and other stimulants can cause muscles in any part of the body to twitch. ... The twitching may affect the hands, arms, or legs.

The most common causes of muscle pain are tension, stress, overuse and minor injuries. ... Systemic muscle pain — pain throughout your whole body — is more often the result of an infection, an illness or a side effect of a medication. Common causes of muscle pain include: Chronic exertional compartment syndrome.

Fibromyalgia: This is a condition that may cause pain in the muscles, tendons, or ligaments. The pain is usually in multiple locations and can be difficult to describe. ... The pain tends to spread along the path supplied by the nerve and may feel like burning. These disorders are often caused by overuse.

So as you read through the forum and ask more questions and share your experiences with others here we will do our best to help your manage your symptoms as you wait to find out what is wrong. Almost all diseases start out with the same sorts of symptoms and until your test results show any change your best bet is to learn what can help your condition and take the do it at home approach. If anything new crops up that does not go away see your doctor first and never self-diagnosis.

I will look forward to reading your posts and adding helpful advice where I can. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back