Status
Not open for further replies.
oh fishy,i feel the same way as you do,i look after my hubby who was diagnosed 2007,it is hard work but when i see a wee smile on my hubbys face i think to my self i am the lucky one,things will get better,xx

I understand the depression part of it from the patients standpoint, fishy. I never thought of it in terms of the caregiver---forgive me for that.
These terrible diseases change everything. Once, sexually active, it now takes an act of congress to have intercourse. With sjogrens, all the moisture producing glands are shot so it is dry as dust in those locations. Then of course finding a position you can both accommodate is tough. It sure as heck takes the romance and passion out of the act!
The pain moves around constantly every moment of everyday and makes one irritable. It's hard to see the joy in things when you feel crappy. These diseases are so tricky too---the pain travels, confusing everyone. Ultimately, despite good intentions, you become a complainer. You try not to but when it hurts, you cannot help but gasp or groan. It's a literal pain in the butt!

Thank you so much. I am not sure otherwise what to do than what I am doing. I did join a church today. That helps.

Hi Fishy, joining a church is a great idea, not sure if you have a relationship with God, but being in a warm loving community of people is a wonderful idea. Hope you are doing ok.

Fishy, I feel for you. I feel for me. I feel for everyone of us who has nonstop pain! It has to bring you down to hurt all the time. I've thought things I never thought I would think---would not act on it but I see why people can't take it. Why on earth do we have to have this? No one 'gets it' unless they've experienced it.
Try to keep positive, try to move when you can and rest when you can. Good luck, consider yourself hugged!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back