MizzDeeDee

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
01/2009
Country
US
State
Va
Such a weird thing going on! I take a nap with my daughter in the afternoons.The last few days, I've woke up to at least numb knees. The day before yesterday, my knees and the outside part of my thigh was numb as well. It's not how I'm sleeping, I'm not up against anything. I'm sleeping on my side. It's a very weird symptom.

Now, I know I can't contribute everything wrong with me to fibro. I'm just curious if anyone else has encountered this before.

Wow, it sounds you have a lot different symptoms! So far I haven't experienced this one (I'm surprised!). You should really check with your doctor, because I've noticed that sometimes we tend to overlook some symptoms assuming they're completely linked to fibro. I started to think about this, and that made me feel a bit worried. I personally hate going to see the doctor, but oh well...

Wow, it sounds you have a lot different symptoms! So far I haven't experienced this one (I'm surprised!). You should really check with your doctor, because I've noticed that sometimes we tend to overlook some symptoms assuming they're completely linked to fibro. I started to think about this, and that made me feel a bit worried. I personally hate going to see the doctor, but oh well...

You're right. I have an autoimmune disease and arthritis in my back too. So, when I post these problems, I assume it could very well be something else besides fibro. All the symptoms bleed into each other and it's hard to tell.

In this instance, I actually think it's something neurological. I think I need to see a neurologist again and see what's up with this. I was just curious if it is something anyone else has experienced.

Hi. I'm Jo from wales. I also have numbness often accompanied by tingling all over my body. It feels like I've fallen, naked, in a bed of nettles.! It's worse at night. So. I empathize. My leg goes from under me. I have memory probs. chronic full body pain, which is worse when weather is wet.
I've started on an Alkaline diet, it seems to help a little, after only 2 weeks. I'm hoping, long term, to get some mobility back.
I struggled for many years to be diagnosed. Appart from the above..I'm fine.! Lol.

It sounds to me like something neurological as well. It could be from a pinched nerve in your back, or something else brewing in the background. I am glad that your not throwing it all in the same pot as fibro,and that your going to see a doctor about it. That shows your learning good management skills. Let us know how you make out.

I have had some numbness every once in a while, but this sounds more serious. Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back