Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to thank everyone here. I'm kinda a traditional old fashioned type person and day in and day out I see or hear about how people are treating each other these days, It's everywhere it seems and It's depressing too. Here I am the day before Thanksgiving depressed, probably on the verge of losing my job, in tons of pain, and I'm working 10hours tomorrow because I don't want to spend Thanksgiving alone and I need the money for all the work I've been missing, but thanks to you guys and gals I don't feel totally alone. One thing I learned from my mother as a small child was that there is always someone that is hurting worse than you somewhere. She was in so much pain but she was always worried about others. So thank you for taking the time out of your lives to help me in mine. I appreciate and desperately need the support right now. Happy Thanksgiving.

It's just so hard some days. I hate feeling lazy, but it's so hard to get motivation. It's definitely worse in the winter, too. It's hard to know which doctor to change too. It's like you have to go through it all from the beginning again, and then they may or may not help you.

Remember that the "lack of motivation" isn't laziness or indolence on your part -- it's genuinely more hard for you to get up and moving than it is for most people. That's an unfortunate part of depression and fibro both, and it makes me really sad to see how many of us fall into the trap of blaming ourselves.
You're not stuck because you're lazy, or a bad person of any kind. You're stuck because it's hard, and while that really, really sucks, don't let anyone tell you it's your fault. It's never your fault that it's hard.

For myself, I find that the depression is much more crippling when I feel like I'm being weak or lazy. When I forgive myself for being tired or being unable to accomplish things sometimes, I find a certain freedom in that. It's been hard to explain to the people around me, but when I tell my friends & family that it's not a choice, they respect that. I say, "it's not that I don't want to do things or I don't feel like getting up. It's that I can't; I literally, physically can't sometimes. It's not my choice; if I had a choice, I would not be depressed, and I'd be able to do these things." Then I have to repeat those words to myself later, when I'm beating myself up for running out of spoons. (Love the spoon theory!)

It is hard, and I'm so sorry. I hope it gets better for you, that you find a doctor who works with you and helps you.

Most people with chronic pain will develop depression. That's because the chemicals in your body used to stabilize your mood, are instead used to ward off the pain. You don't say if you've tried antidepressants but for me, they've helped a lot. If you have tried without a lot of success, remember that there are many different ones to try, and many different dosages, and also many different combinations. Sometimes it takes a while to get it right. I hope you can also go to therapy. I believe therapy helps everyone but especially someone like you who's had so many issues to deal with.

All of us with Fibro need to keep in mind that we can't do what other people want. We need to do what matters to us and what will give us pleasure and not sap our energy too much. When my cousins were visiting, I told them I could visit and/or do things with them every other day. If people truly care about you, they'll understand. If not, they've energy sappers that we can't afford anymore.

I'm glad you joined this forum and hope you'll find answers.

It's just so hard some days. I hate feeling lazy, but it's so hard to get motivation. It's definitely worse in the winter, too. It's hard to know which doctor to change too. It's like you have to go through it all from the beginning again, and then they may or may not help you.

I know the feeling. I had to make a huge decision lately... I decided I'll stop seeing one of my doctors because I always leave her office feeling awful. It was a huge decision, but I think this is the best I can do to cope with my depression.

Hang in there, I know some days are really hard, I know because I experience the same. Try to be positive, I know is hard, but is the only thing we can do. Have you heard of Suzanne Powell? her breathing exercises have helped me so much. Specially when the anxiety and depression attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back