Not open for further replies.

Ronnie7

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
uk
State
hampshire
Hi my name is Ronnie and I was diagnosed about 8yrs ago, still don't know a lot about it, except it is worse in the winter and on very cold days, I use heat pads everywhere and electric stimulation pads.i am also in remission from cancer,three yrs to go now.so after radiotheraphy it causes soo much pain, my GP prescribed me Oramorph to top up.being a nurse I know not to overdose, but some days the pain is unbelievable,so I have finished with the Morphine in case I slip up.I know the disease wont kill us, and I have got a lot to be thankful for in my life, my youngest grandson is almost a yr old, (havnt met him yet)and my granddaughter is about to give birth in February.So my New Year resolution is to be so busy I have no time to think of my problems. there are so many other people in the world who are dying, I have no right to complain.I would like to ask anyone if they have found anything that actually works ,am willing to try anything.hope to hear from someone sooon. thanks guys.xxx

Ronnie,
Welcome! Why do we always feel like we don't count and we should not complain when we have an illness or several illnesses that ruin life as we know it? You are welcome to come here and vent anytime. It is better to let it out then hold in all that pain and anger, and depression. I am glad to hear your beating cancer and trying to manage your pain. Do try to remember that the pain medication your using can seem to do less in helping with the pain overtime, and make you think about increasing the dose. Please do not over medicate. Can you use any over the counter meds to help with your pain?

Be sure to read the alternative methods section and the pain management one. Try to relax as much as possible and stop multi-tasking. Nothing is more important then your health and well being. Be kind and pamper yourself.

Glad you found us and look forward to seeing your name around the forum and having that chance to get to know you through your posts. :)

Ronnie, I just wanted to welcome you to the forum, and as someone who had a close enounter with cancer I can't help to relate a lot with your situation! As 1sweed said, you should really check the alternative methods section. I actually know of a really good product that I use (topically) for my pain, it's a really strong oil that numbs the zone where I apply it... it's a natural remedy made by an american company. I use it for my neck and back pain mostly... it works way better than using heat. It's amazing! I can't help to spread the word since this thing is amazing! The name of the oil is ''Tei Fu'', made by Nature's Sunshine. Contact your local Nature's Sunshine distributor to buy it or find the closest store where you can buy it.

Hi Ronnie. I am sorry that you are in pain. I understand how hard it can be even when we count our blessings. I second the "be kind to yourself" sentiment. If you are really feeling down, please reach out for help--through this forum or through a crisis line. Don't wait, cause the uglies can show up faster than you think. Always remember you are worthy. Hugs. Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back