Super fuel

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Ma
Hi,

I'm new here to the forum. I'm 30 now, was diagnosed in 2007, and until that time, I was in the best shape of my life. I worked 8 hours a day, then went to the gym for 1.5 hrs, and still had tons of energy to function.

When I got sick, I had no energy, was so exhausted that as soon as I made it home from work, I'd lay down and fall right asleep. Aches all over, I remember my knees touching together and how much pain it caused. Felt like my body was covered in bruises, but with no marks. I thought maybe the Flu or Lyme disease, but my bloodwork came back pretty much normal. Sent to rheumatologist, and he diagnosed me, and was told basically the same thing as you.... Not much known about it, and not much could be done. He even suggested working out, which I had been doing but now too exhausted for that. Treated me like a joke and sent me on my way with a pamphlet.

Later on, I did some research and asked about trying Wellbutrin, which I still take but don't think has an effect. No pain meds. I just "tough it out", people act like it isn't real if they can't see anything wrong with you almost.

Has anyone here found a med that has helped, without side effects worse tan just dealing with the fibo?

Another strange thing for me, last year I had my first anxiety attack (never knew they were *real*, til that point, how they felt or how quickly they come on, and out of nowhere... ).

I work as a veterinary technician, and last night I was doing some research, and found that toxoplasmosis can be linked to fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue/mental issues. Very interesting, since toxoplasmosis is common, but only about 10-20 percent of people show or feel any symptoms (adults). I've never been tested, but I'm calling my doctor Monday to ask if we can try. I've tried everything else.

I feel that there is a REASON for these symptoms, and it has to be right under our noses... It cant be just overactive nerves (just my opinion). Apparently they don't treat toxo often, they feel that most people don't need it unless its an active infection. I think my active infection was in '07, and this is going to continue to effect me...

I'm glad to have found this forum... I have hope that we will find a cure, not just ways to manage this.

I actually know I DO have toxoplasmosis! It came back on my blood work from my gynecologists office when I found out I was pregnant.

I remember reading about the link between toxoplasmosis and fibromyalgia and wondering if that could be my cause...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back